Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
After owning my 21" Imac for a year I went ahead and installed Win 7 on it, it did'nt go as Smoothly as I planned the first go around the partitioning of the windows side hung. I went ahead and Reformatted my Drive, reinstalled Mountain Lion and then did the Bootcamping, this time it went thru and finished. It seems to all work well now, but it was hairy there for awhile.

Still in Mountain Lion , the restore app makes reinstalling alot easier than it is in Windows, any version.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
After owning my 21" Imac for a year I went ahead and installed Win 7 on it, it did'nt go as Smoothly as I planned the first go around the partitioning of the windows side hung. I went ahead and Reformatted my Drive, reinstalled Mountain Lion and then did the Bootcamping, this time it went thru and finished. It seems to all work well now, but it was hairy there for awhile.

Still in Mountain Lion , the restore app makes reinstalling alot easier than it is in Windows, any version.

I have yet to use Time Machine to restore or migrate. I might though, I have a iBook coming in the mail hopefully today. But... Why install W7?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I have yet to use Time Machine to restore or migrate. I might though, I have a iBook coming in the mail hopefully today. But... Why install W7?

Because for what I want to use it for, mainly accessing Steam and PC Games theres no reason to do 8.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
Because for what I want to use it for, mainly accessing Steam and PC Games theres no reason to do 8.

Ahh okay.. Though I should have clarified why install Windows at all :D haha jk.

I have a Windows 8 dual boot to run the Sims 3 and GTA IV (even though I have it on PS3, I prefer GTA IV on PC).

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I bootcamped my 2010 MBP for the first time yesterday and basically I'm using it to run emulators of vintage consoles. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.