Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
It was a smallish (127.07MB according to Apple) upgrade (MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0.) Since I upgraded, Safari isn't rendering the StumbleUpon bar properly and it repeatedly freezes ("not responding") so I force quit. Also, keychain repeatedly asks for the system password. Could be unrelated but they all correlate with the upgrade.

Apple info:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609

Last edited:

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Now Reeder...

Reeder just crashed. Reeder never crashes.

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 148

halledise

macrumors 68000
hmm, puzzling.
I vaguely seem to remember seeing that update come through with the others yesterday when I was rebuilding my rMBP, but it all works fine for me - which isn't a lot of help to you I know.

and I don't suppose repairing permissions or resetting the nvram would fix it on yours?

I had an issue on the wife's Air recently, started up from Recovery Disk on a usb stick and repaired permissions from there.
restarted as per normal and everything's been fine since

Last edited:

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
hmm, puzzling.
I vaguely seem to remember seeing that update come through with the others yesterday when I was rebuilding my rMBP, but it all works fine for me - which isn't a lot of help to you I know.

and I don't suppose repairing permissions or resetting the nvram would fix it on yours?

I had an issue on the wife's Air recently, started up from Recovery Disk on a usb stick and repaired permissions from there.
restarted as per normal and everything's been fine since

After repairing permissions and resetting my NVRAM/PRAM....no change to Safari at least. It's still rendering the StumbleUpon bar incorrectly (see attached.)

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 149

halledise

macrumors 68000
Here's a better look...

sometimes repairing permissions internally - i.e. Disk Utility on your Mac - is not as effective as performing the procedure from an external source.

drastic solution - back up; erase and clean install, update everything then add Apps and finally pull your data across manually.
fail-safe but a tad extreme.

I'm sure someone else will come up with a simpler, effective solution for you - in fact I'm surprised no one else has weighed in as yet.

you're out of 90 day free Apple phone support I presume?

jick

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
Just reboot!

sometimes repairing permissions internally - i.e. Disk Utility on your Mac - is not as effective as performing the procedure from an external source.

drastic solution - back up; erase and clean install, update everything then add Apps and finally pull your data across manually.
fail-safe but a tad extreme.

I'm sure someone else will come up with a simpler, effective solution for you - in fact I'm surprised no one else has weighed in as yet.

you're out of 90 day free Apple phone support I presume?

I had the same problem right after the firmware update on my MBP 15" Retina, Safari was hanging and asking for Keychain access - Mail was stuck too, incapable of accessing mailboxes.

When I saw this post I got nervous ... reinstalling!?
I just simply rebooted the machine... it's all good now - very simple fix!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.