Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Why would a "South Korean" student mention Microsoft?

You do realize they are to different countries.

South or North Korean, you're still Korean. And since North Korean students aren't all too common, Korean students is synonymous to South Korean students.

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Forum member: "Android is leaving IOS behind with all its features"

News: Apple looking to add deep integration with Flickr and Vimeo

Forum member: "iOS adding pointless features"

:rolleyes:

Android: Larger screens, better battery life (Motorola), replaceable batteries, open environment, catching up to iOS. Yes, Android has many faults too.

Apple: Apple Maps (no updates/corrections what-so-ever), no real innovation since the iPhone 3G, poor quality standards as of late (my original iPhone 5 had scratches on the case and so did my replacement from AppleCare itself).

As for "the deep integration". This just makes the iOS footprint larger. At least give users the options to remove features...

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Android: Larger screens, better battery life (Motorola), replaceable batteries, open environment, catching up to iOS. Yes, Android has many faults too.

Apple: Apple Maps (no updates/corrections what-so-ever), no real innovation since the iPhone 3G, poor quality standards as of late (my original iPhone 5 had scratches on the case and so did my replacement from AppleCare itself).

As for "the deep integration". This just makes the iOS footprint larger. At least give users the options to remove features...

facepalm.jpg

Words can't even explain.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for proving my original point even further.

Anyone who sees that iOS 7 will have Vimeo integration and immediately jumps to the conclusion that it will be a disaster of an OS is clearly either trolling or an idiot.

So, which one are you?

Anyone that knows a thing or two about social network integration would see that it's nothing more than a gimmick used to avoid substantial OS changes.

The jokes on you.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Anyone that knows a thing or two about social network integration would see that it's nothing more than a gimmick used to avoid substantial OS changes.

The jokes on you.

What does that even mean? Anyone that knows a thing or two? Did you say that out loud before you typed it? Are you an expert on social network integration? Does the guidebook on it say "Only integrate social networks if you don't have any substantial improvements to your OS"? There are so many unanswered questions after your post. I expect none of your answers to be very good.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Piecemeal changes. You know, small features like social network which nobody really cares about rather than a bottom up change that most people expect.

Done.
You haven't given any more details. What does this 'bottom up' change involve? Is it a combination of hardware and software or just software?

Also, nobody cares about social networking? No one at all? Citation needed.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Piecemeal changes. You know, small features like social network which nobody really cares about rather than a bottom up change that most people expect.
First off, you don't reinvent the wheel at every OS release. Adding more features on top of an already established and good OS is what you do. I'm not really expecting, nor do I want, a total rework of iOS. I like iOS as it is, but I encourage the addition of more features to make my experience even better.

Also, I care about social network integration. I've recently started using Flickr, so the addition of it to my social list is a plus for me.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013

Link to where the changelog for iOS7 is published and only mentions piecemeal changes? You speak as if you're in the know. Are you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.