Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ca$hflow

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
London, ON
Just a reminded Corning would not have been around now if it wasn't for Steve Jobs.

Oh come on. Most houses contain some sort of corning product. Insulation, Windows, etc. I'm certain that Corning would have been just fine. Corning has a huge construction material market. Gorilla glass is a pimple compared to the rest of their business.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Jan 5, 2007
Oh come on. Most houses contain some sort of corning product. Insulation, Windows, etc. I'm certain that Corning would have been just fine. Corning has a huge construction material market. Gorilla glass is a pimple compared to the rest of their business.

Aperantly there was one factory that was in trouble...

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2012/05/04/f-500-corning-gorilla-apple.fortune/

But ya... corning makes almost everything glass and ceramic related and has made many huge inovations in its industry over the years.

Yelmurc

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Houston TX
Materials science is a fasinating subject that it seems to many people take for granted. While this PR video didn't tell us to much I could watch decent videos about engineering all day long. So many small wonders.

wondermac100

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2013
Lotus glass? Fantastic!

I have driven a Lotus and they are fast and more importantly, they corner brilliantly. I hope the next iPhone comes with a standard transmission, as I hate sequential shift.
I liked the Esprit turbo though never could afford one. I wonder how you would corner in an iPhone :) johnny I've is getting rid of complications just using a manual interface:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.