Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macwhor

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks for the response.

Did that already, though. It's completely unresponsive in-game with a USB connection or via Bluetooth. The controller works perfectly with other games including Feral's Batman: Arkham series.

Just to avoid confusion, this is the first BioShock, not BioShock 2. I mention this because only BioShock 2 is listed on the Feral site as having full controller support: http://support.feralinteractive.com/en/guides/gamepads/

I'll start fresh and try again now that I have confirmation that PS3 Dualshock is supported. Will write back once I fully try everything.

Thanks again.

The PS3 pad was supported since the 1.0 release of BioShock. Just plug it in then start up the game, you need to enable the gamepad mode which is called 360 (because the PC version only supported the 360 and the text is hard coded in a flash based menu to cannot be edited).

Enjoy.

Edwin

macwhor

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Works perfectly :confused:

Sorry about that. I think the problem is, I've had such horrendous time trying to make my controller work on games like Assassin's Creed and whatnot that when it's this easy to get it to work, I simply jump over the obvious option that's right in front of me: Connect and press play :eek:

I apologise again for taking your time. Let me thank you and Feral for making gaming on my Mac sheer pleasure.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Works perfectly :confused:

Sorry about that. I think the problem is, I've had such horrendous time trying to make my controller work on games like Assassin's Creed and whatnot that when it's this easy to get it to work, I simply jump over the obvious option that's right in front of me: Connect and press play :eek:

I apologise again for taking your time. Let me thank you and Feral for making gaming on my Mac sheer pleasure.

No problem happy you got sorted out in the end :)

Edwin

sljarmstrong

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
Bioshock Mac :(

MY pc 360 controller work with the drivers. My problem is that the 'A' button does not work in gameplay, but does work on the menu's. I have not been able to reach a point where the 'B' and 'X' buttons need to be used, so I do not know if these will work either. The 'Y' button does work in gameplay. PLEASE can someone suggest a solution, I've waited for so long to play this game!!!!!!!!! :(

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
MY pc 360 controller work with the drivers. My problem is that the 'A' button does not work in gameplay, but does work on the menu's. I have not been able to reach a point where the 'B' and 'X' buttons need to be used, so I do not know if these will work either. The 'Y' button does work in gameplay. PLEASE can someone suggest a solution, I've waited for so long to play this game!!!!!!!!! :(

I would contact support however we have not heard of this issue before so it's likely down to your individual setup.

Good news is that should mean it can be fixed once we work out what's wrong on your Mac.

Edwin

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I guess it's a bit of a thread hijack, but my understanding is that 10.9 Mavericks includes native support for the new MFI game controllers (along with iOS 7).

Has Ferral or Aspyr been able to get ahold of a MFI controller prototype and check to see if any of these games will support these new controllers?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I guess it's a bit of a thread hijack, but my understanding is that 10.9 Mavericks includes native support for the new MFI game controllers (along with iOS 7).

Has Ferral or Aspyr been able to get ahold of a MFI controller prototype and check to see if any of these games will support these new controllers?

It's just a new API that we will need to hook up to all our libraries. Pads will not 'just work' it will need the API to be implemented inside games for it to work. We will look to do so but we will not be patching all the games immediately to support this new API.

From what the internet articles on this have mentioned the pads are limited in scope thus quite a few games might not support these pads as they will not have enough buttons and inputs. Thumb stick 'click' and analogue triggers are missing for example.

Let wait and see what finally ships but most Feral games already work with ~100 difference gamepads with the ability to add more without a patch so you already have a pretty large choice :)

Edwin

Aleolin

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2014
Same issue

I am having the same issue as this user - with the A button not working in-game with tattlebogle drivers (everything else is working) -mac os x mavericks and bioshock 1.1.1
help please

MY pc 360 controller work with the drivers. My problem is that the 'A' button does not work in gameplay, but does work on the menu's. I have not been able to reach a point where the 'B' and 'X' buttons need to be used, so I do not know if these will work either. The 'Y' button does work in gameplay. PLEASE can someone suggest a solution, I've waited for so long to play this game!!!!!!!!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I am having the same issue as this user - with the A button not working in-game with tattlebogle drivers (everything else is working) -mac os x mavericks and bioshock 1.1.1
help please

MY pc 360 controller work with the drivers. My problem is that the 'A' button does not work in gameplay, but does work on the menu's. I have not been able to reach a point where the 'B' and 'X' buttons need to be used, so I do not know if these will work either. The 'Y' button does work in gameplay. PLEASE can someone suggest a solution, I've waited for so long to play this game!!!!!!!!

We have never seen this issue seems to likely be an issue with the drivers/hardware not the game as we have a few thousand 360 pad users on this Mac game without any issues.

Have you emailed support?

Edwin

ryan93

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2014
Xbox 360 controller problem

Edwin,
I am running Bioshock on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 updated to mavericks 10.9.2 and have downloaded the latest tattiebogle driver for my rock candy brand xbox 360 controller. In settings the driver recognizes the controller and its inputs but Bioshock itself will not recognize the device nor will Bioshock 2. Trine picks up on the controls besides the triggers but the configuration is funky. I am trying to get this controller to work on bioshock because I just can't get used to the mouse and keyboard controls and would really appreciate help.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Edwin,
I am running Bioshock on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 updated to mavericks 10.9.2 and have downloaded the latest tattiebogle driver for my rock candy brand xbox 360 controller. In settings the driver recognizes the controller and its inputs but Bioshock itself will not recognize the device nor will Bioshock 2. Trine picks up on the controls besides the triggers but the configuration is funky. I am trying to get this controller to work on bioshock because I just can't get used to the mouse and keyboard controls and would really appreciate help.

The pad you have is not an official pad but a third party one so will require you to email pad support (padsupport at feral interactive) and have the pad plugin created, we have 150 pads logged but your specific pad doesn't look to be among those models.

Edwin

ryan93

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2014
The pad you have is not an official pad but a third party one so will require you to email pad support (padsupport at feral interactive) and have the pad plugin created, we have 150 pads logged but your specific pad doesn't look to be among those models.

Edwin

Thank you very much! I emailed them and was quickly given a file to add to input devices and it now works just as it is supposed to!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.