Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I got the Canon 650D for Christmas, mainly for video, and it seems pretty good. Still getting to grips with it, I don't like the 18-55mm lens.

First thing I wanted to do was get hold of a bag, I can't stand having my camera out in the open. I got the Apex 110 AW for now, and while it fits, it doesn't fit as nicely as I'd hope. I'd like one that fits almost perfectly and with room to keep a cloth beneath the camera or something. Also needs compartments for a space battery and a couple of memory sticks, maybe other small items like USB memory stick readers.

Any suggestions?

I probably won't be getting many lenses, the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens is the first on my list though.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I recently got a 600D and I bought this bag for it: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1357006663&sr=1-1

Not sure if you were looking for something a little more compact than a full backpack, but I've been pretty happy with this backpack so far, and the price is wonderful.

Additionally, as far as lenses go, I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I'd recommend the EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II for an inexpensive telephoto. I also have the 50mm f/1.8 and I'm really enjoying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.