Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Hi Guys, I need a very simple program or App that can reset and change my IP address easily and frequently. I started up a small business from home and Im creating several email addresses for my new employees on yahoo and yahoo will only allow a few email address's to be created from a single IP Address. I don't mind paying for a good working program or App that can do this.

Thanks !!
Jon

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Hi Guys, I need a very simple program or App that can reset and change my IP address easily and frequently. I started up a small business from home and Im creating several email addresses for my new employees on yahoo and yahoo will only allow a few email address's to be created from a single IP Address. I don't mind paying for a good working program or App that can do this.

Thanks !!
Jon

No, you will have to reset your modem/router.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

Thanks !!
Jon

Your ISP assigns you an IP address; you cannot change it yourself or with an app. All you could do is unplug the modem for a while and plug it back in and if your IP is assigned dynamically, you might get a different one.

What you can do is get a business account with your provider and purchase a small block of IP's to use.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Instead of using Yahoo for your business e-mail why not use your own domain name? Looks a lot more professional and the cost is minimal. I'm always leery of businesses that use Yahoo, Hotmail, gmail, or aol addresses. If it's a tech company, I'm definitely avoiding them.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
You can subscribe to a VPN service. I use Witopia. I never connect to any public hotspot (hotel etc) without using a VPN.

/Jim

joeycool

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2013
Australia
Is There A Simple Program or App that Resets or Changes My IP Address Frequently?

In my opinion yes there is I have trialed and tested allot out there well most of them.

HMA (hidemyass) is at the top of the list http://ipaddresshq.com/hidemyass-software-review-surf-the-internet-anonymously/ its a VPN (Virtual Private Network) software that runs on your PC or Mac a platform that offers the ability to hide your IP Address. You can select from what location you would like your IP address to show. You can even select a time frame so for example change mi IP address every min and it will do that.

Awesome software I use it all the time, hope that helps :) http://ipaddresshq.com/how-do-i-hide-my-ip-address/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.