Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which email provider do you use for your primary email?

• Gmail / Google

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • iCloud / Apple

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Outlook.com / Microsoft

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Yahoo!

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • AOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other web-based email

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Your own server-based email

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
I have decided to pare down the number of email addresses and email providers that I use (currently have far too many) and I'm not sure which way to go. I'd really like to get down to one or two providers to make consolidating email a lot easier.

Which provider do you use for your primary email address?

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I use LavaBit. It's a really nice service, the web version is lightweight, the spam filter is great, and it has free POP3/SMTP support.

I used to use AmeriTech, which turned into SBC/Yahoo!, which turned into AT&T/Yahoo!, but my account was suspended, due to spammer breaking into my eMail and sending news fraud scams.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I switched to an @outlook.com when I was able to reserve my perfect email address when it went live.

It's also sleeker and nicer than gmail. And after 6 years of gmail, I unfortunately started to accumulate quite a good amount of bothersome email newsletters/spam, so it was a good time to cut loose.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
It's difficult to define what primary is, but I use several. Gmail would probably be primary, although I use these as well:

- School email for school stuff and job applications
- Hotmail for random sign-ups to stores and forums etc
- iCloud for Apple stuff

Also reserved an outlook one with my name which I'm considering using as my primary in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.