Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukekarts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Obviously for the last couple of years we've seen the shift away from the Core 2 Duo architecture to Core i's - Sandybridge and Ivybridge; and the evolution of Intel's on board HD3000 and 4000 GPU. We've also had Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

What's on the cards for 2013? Is there any upcoming technology? Or are we likely to just see a small refresh with perhaps more memory at the same pricepoints?

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Obviously for the last couple of years we've seen the shift away from the Core 2 Duo architecture to Core i's - Sandybridge and Ivybridge; and the evolution of Intel's on board HD3000 and 4000 GPU. We've also had Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.

What's on the cards for 2013? Is there any upcoming technology? Or are we likely to just see a small refresh with perhaps more memory at the same pricepoints?

50% faster graphics with HD4600

Faster CPU, less power usage, less heat.

MTD's Mac

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
It's looking like the new Intel graphics options with Haswell chips are the story of the year. Several different versions for different platforms.

Also, chips with reduced power consumption might be marketed as the "next generation" of improved battery life for notebooks.

Other than that...

NightMoose

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Any chance of a retina display? I'm extremely satisfied with my 8GB i5 MBA, but a retina display would be a game changer for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.