Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Does any of you guys know how to run 3 apple displays (27 in mac, 2 tb displays) in windows 7 bootcamp? Apparently after searching around, running 3 apple displays in windows 7 isnt as easy you would think, does anybody know Is there a particular video card that could make this possible? Ive heard from someone using the atlona video card but that only produced 720 p to the third monitor...thankyou in advance guys

Tombs

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2010
Sutton, Surrey England
I cant seem to find a solution to this but my 13 mbp in bootcamp running Win 7 connected to 2012 imac with a tb cable will not work so I think you'll have trouble making 2 work externally. good luck though.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
I cant seem to find a solution to this but my 13 mbp in bootcamp running Win 7 connected to 2012 imac with a tb cable will not work so I think you'll have trouble making 2 work externally. good luck though.

hey tombs, yea I've got the iMac working and the tb working, but the third ones off, it has sound, but no picture...Im trying to find out which graphics card/adapter i could use to fix this problem.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I'm confused, you have an iMac but are asking about other video cards, are you thinking about opening up the iMac and swapping cards?

If you mean adapters (like Atlona), then I don't think one exists - at least not when I was trying to solve the same issue a few months ago. I went for a Mac Pro instead so I could support lots of monitors in their native resolution under Windows.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
I'm confused, you have an iMac but are asking about other video cards, are you thinking about opening up the iMac and swapping cards?

If you mean adapters (like Atlona), then I don't think one exists - at least not when I was trying to solve the same issue a few months ago. I went for a Mac Pro instead so I could support lots of monitors in their native resolution under Windows.

yup thats what im talking about, yes I've used the atlona but it only brings 720 p to the third display. So im looking for another solution, I would assume there has to be atleast something out there to do this...Im running parallels 8 right now and i can use windows and have all three screens up and running, but its not the same as being able to boot natively into bootcamp and just use windows straight up, in case i wanna do anything really high intensive work wise....so ideas please if any of you guys know of any...thanks ahead of time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.