Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zc456

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2008
"I feel like [Apple] has concentrated too much on mimicking the visual skeuomorphic approach rather than concentrating on the actual functionality."

Uh Duuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

MacinTek

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
I hated them the moment I saw 'em...

:mad:I thought the leather desk accessory idea was not only patronizing and ugly (the color used for the leather-look was way too yellow, the least they could've done was let us choose the color/texture of the leather), but they put cute before function (especially in Lion's address book). I use BusyCal instead now, I wish they made an address book too.:rolleyes:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I want skeuomorphism!

I just learned why I love Apple's design so much! The reference to everyday objects make it friendlier and less alien.

So OK, don't use a picture of a reel-to-reel but a picture of an iPod?

So they gonna change that huh? Steve is rolling around about now.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Never been a fan of the constant mimicking of real life products in Apple's operating systems. Made no sense. It was silly then and as I get older, it is still silly now. iOS needs to grow up and represent the 6 year old that it will be in 2013.

I have been playing around with Windows 8 Pro and once you get used to the different Start interface from any previous Windows release, it is not too bad. It has been very stable thus far. More so than Windows 7 was, which is what I upgraded from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.