Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SputnikLabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Hello !

My name is Maxim Kartuzov, I am 16 years old iPhone developer from Russia.
I just published my first application on the App Store - Giftopedia.
And I will be the happiest teen in the world, if you will download this app and rate it !:)

Information:

Name: Giftopedia - gift ideas in your pocket !
Category: Lifestyle
Size: 16.8 MB
Languages: English, Russian
Price: Free
App Store link:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/giftopedia-gift-ideas-in-your/id578871634?ls=1&mt=8
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mex4B1uXamk&feature=plcp
Company: Sputnik Labs
Description:

"Giftopedia - application which will find gift ideas for your friends and relatives according to their characteristics.

The holidays are soon and you're going to gift socks to your friends again ? Let's be clear - they deserve something better. But what to gift ? Giftopedia is the solution. This app will find gift ideas for your friends and relatives according to their characteristics. Just enter the gift receiver's age, gender, current season and type of personality and Giftopedia will instantly find lots of suitable ideas !"

· Huge database of gift ideas
· Description, photo, prices and more extra information about every gift
· The Internet connection is NOT needed
· Integration with Facebook, Twitter and Wikipedia !
· Password protection, so your friends will never know what are you going to gift to them "
· Save gift ideas you like in Favorites

Future plans:

I spent almost one year to make this application. And I want to make it better and better with every update. Its my passion.
Its absolutely free and it will be like this forever, so everybody can try this and find some wonderful gift ideas for birthdays, Christmas etc.

Just in case, my contacts:
E-mail: kartuzovmax@hotmail.com
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/maxim.kartuzov.1

Thank you very much !
Maxim

Attachments

• iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.14.27.png
    iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.14.27.png
    797.7 KB · Views: 209
  • iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.15.01.png
    iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.15.01.png
    213 KB · Views: 192
  • iOS Simulator Screen shot 14.11.2012 12.21.58.png
    iOS Simulator Screen shot 14.11.2012 12.21.58.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 173
  • iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.18.06.png
    iOS Simulator Screen shot 10.11.2012 2.18.06.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 197
  • iOS Simulator Screen shot 14.11.2012 12.22.05.png
    iOS Simulator Screen shot 14.11.2012 12.22.05.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 179

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'm impressed that someone your age has developed an app and it looks good.

I'll download it to help you out. Keep up the good work.

SputnikLabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
I'm impressed that someone your age has developed an app and it looks good.

I'll download it to help you out. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, sir !
I will try to make my app better and better with every update:)

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
As of right now, I think you should change the "Age" and "Lifestyle" to be spindles that way it's easier to select. I was confused at first.

Also, I don't know why but it suggested I buy my 25 year old wife a rubber ducky.

SputnikLabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
As of right now, I think you should change the "Age" and "Lifestyle" to be spindles that way it's easier to select. I was confused at first.

Also, I don't know why but it suggested I buy my 25 year old wife a rubber ducky.

Thank you for the respond! Its very important to me.

1) Yes, this part is pretty confusing for the users. I tried to fix it with instructions, which runs first time when you launch the app (also you can replay instructions with the info button), but it doesn't seems to work well :)
Anyway, I was going to change all these characteristics and place them on different screens (My future plans) Also, I am going to add more characteristics.

2) Well, thats kinda "unusual" type of gift. I added them to usual and regular gifts to make the list of suggested gift ideas more interesting. Thats why you can find in suggested gifts something like plungers, pineapples, rubber duckies and even rain coats.

I ask everybody to download my app and share your thoughts with me, because I have big plans on my app and I want to make it better :)

sandrafox

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Get more tips on how to buy Gifts online like Glass Figurines. We want to give presents that are thoughtful and well-appreciated, and most of all we want a perfect gift that the recipient will cherish for a very long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.