Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xeep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
So I've been using Aperture since 1.0 but am seriously contemplating jumping to Lightroom given Apple's lack of support recently on not just Aperture but all their software. From what I've read, the functionality seems pretty similar so that shouldn't be a problem. One thing I could see myself missing though is the integration of online printing. I've been quite pleased with the results whenever I've gotten photos through Apple, though the last time it took over a month to receive my order and I had to print them elsewhere. The photo books are great though. I see that there's a Blurb plug-in for Lightroom. I've gotten a book from Blurb before, but the quality just wasn't the same as through Apple.
So the question is, what online printing services do others use that give a good balance between quality and cost for books, prints, whatever?

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
So I've been using Aperture since 1.0 but am seriously contemplating jumping to Lightroom given Apple's lack of support recently on not just Aperture but all their software. From what I've read, the functionality seems pretty similar so that shouldn't be a problem. One thing I could see myself missing though is the integration of online printing. I've been quite pleased with the results whenever I've gotten photos through Apple, though the last time it took over a month to receive my order and I had to print them elsewhere. The photo books are great though. I see that there's a Blurb plug-in for Lightroom. I've gotten a book from Blurb before, but the quality just wasn't the same as through Apple.
So the question is, what online printing services do others use that give a good balance between quality and cost for books, prints, whatever?

I've had very good results with Blurb, especially with colour images on their ProLine papers. Their B&W isn't great (I see a lot of cyan in them), but the colour photos are great, and the quality of the book itself is very high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.