Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've been noticing pages taking a while to completely load (up to 2 minutes) on the iPad. I hooked it up to the iMac and enabled the developer menu so I could watch what's loading on it and found that the script macrumors.com-async.js seems to be the culprit.

I was also able to replicate this on Safari for OS X as well, but it's less noticeable on the desktop than the iPad.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-02%20at%209.13.36%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-02%20at%209.13.41%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-02%20at%208.57.07%20AM.png

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I've been having similar problems, but only on FireFox and Chrome. I'm hitting the New York datacentre.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Arn, following up on our IM from last week, later that day I visited some friends who live over an hour's drive from me and I brought the iPad with me (which is the device I was having this issue). I got on their Wi-Fi and had no troubles. Additionally, on AT&T 4G (at home) and AT&T LTE (near my friends place), again had no troubles.

I assumed after that, that it had to be my local network or my home ISP. I haven't done anything to my network in a very long time, or since last week.

As of yesterday, on my home Wi-Fi it's now working as it should. So whatever it was, seems to have fixed itself. Who knows?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Arn, following up on our IM from last week, later that day I visited some friends who live over an hour's drive from me and I brought the iPad with me (which is the device I was having this issue). I got on their Wi-Fi and had no troubles. Additionally, on AT&T 4G (at home) and AT&T LTE (near my friends place), again had no troubles.

I assumed after that, that it had to be my local network or my home ISP. I haven't done anything to my network in a very long time, or since last week.

As of yesterday, on my home Wi-Fi it's now working as it should. So whatever it was, seems to have fixed itself. Who knows?

thanks for the update. ya, seemed like a local dns issue. which are hard to diagnose

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.