Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I was just about to post this.

It's nice that, twelve years later, they're finally acknowledging what century we're in. On the other hand, I'd hoped that all they would change was the number, from "20th" to "21st". The 20th Century-Fox fanfare and searchlights are iconic. They are powerful. They are one of the few "old-fashioned" logos that does not need a complete makeover.

This thing is pallid by comparison. The symbol is vaguely reminiscent of The X Files' logo, but that's all it's got going for it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I was just about to post this.

It's nice that, twelve years later, they're finally acknowledging what century we're in. On the other hand, I'd hoped that all they would change was the number, from "20th" to "21st". The 20th Century-Fox fanfare and searchlights are iconic. They are powerful. They are one of the few "old-fashioned" logos that does not need a complete makeover.

This thing is pallid by comparison. The symbol is vaguely reminiscent of The X Files' logo, but that's all it's got going for it.
They thought about changing the movie studio in 200 to 21st Century but decided that the name was too iconic to mess with. 21st Century Fox is a whole new parent company and the studios will keep the old logo. They are splitting away from News Corp.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Don't worry. You'll hardly notice this logo used anywhere consumers are. This is strictly a parent-company logo, designed primarily for business to business use. They can make it as ugly as they want. :) It is akin to the Universal/NBC mash up logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.