Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
So with sprint making their official announcement that they will be selling the 4th gen iPad with LTE, looks like the other carriers & retail stores will be selling them as well.

I need to get an AT&T 64GB white model for my wife.

With them letting the word out so late, and stores opening at 10am, what ate the chances I'll need to be at my store early. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I'm in San Diego btw as well. So I'm sure the word will spread quick in the morning as they are starting to be sold on the east coast.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Camp out, I doubt it. Get ther an hour early to be sure..I guess....what's the ship time from apple direct?

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
Camp out, I doubt it. Get ther an hour early to be sure..I guess....what's the ship time from apple direct?

Ok cool. I'll just get up early and head down there. I don't get what you mean "apple direct" if you're talking about site to store then it tells me it's not in stock in all of San Diego.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
I am excited! I preordered mine and will arrive either tomorrow or Monday. That is fine, since I still have my Ipad 3 to hold me over. Plan to sell my iPad 3. I ordered both iPad 4 with LTE and iPad Mini with LTE. :D

alexponential

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
I don't know if Apple stores do this with iPads, I don't see why they wouldn't, but you could also do next day store pickup. I got an iPhone 5 last week, and I got it by adding the iPhone to my cart, and at 10pm (when the stores' inventories update for the next day) selecting pick up in store and choosing whichever store closest to me that had it in the next day. It's on hold for you all day.

DaReaper

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2008
Your best bet is to try to be there ASAP. Or just order online and save yourself the headache.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Ok cool. I'll just get up early and head down there. I don't get what you mean "apple direct" if you're talking about site to store then it tells me it's not in stock in all of San Diego.

Just ordered to your house. Or are they sold out online?

San Diego, well it's warm enough to have a coffee, take a friend and make an event...but I'd be surprise if they wee int hat demand.

I'm not sure of the mini situation but for my iPhones I've always had a near zero line and plenty of stock being present for the opening of a carrier store, if I didn't preorder on line. In my case, I'd probably hit AT&T to get one (providing they have them on launch da like an iPhone). Everyone thinks to go to apple store. Not as many think to hit carrier stores.

YMMV as this is in Scottsdale.

Good luck and enjoy - don't come back to mr forums until a week has passed and you can dismiss "zomg the world is ending mini sux!,,,"

Good luck mate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.