Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
ZGXtreme
macrumors regular

iCloud Calendar Issue (Alerts)

Interested if I am the only one having this issue. For example, I added my days off to the iCloud calendar and set the repeat option to weekly. That was it as far as options go. Randomly, I begin getting alerts to my days off the day prior to them. I check the calendar entry and somehow the alert has been activated. I change the setting and save for future events. Yet the issue is repeated the next week. This is not exclusive to just these calendar entires and happens with many of them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:46 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
Interested if I am the only one having this issue. For example, I added my days off to the iCloud calendar and set the repeat option to weekly. That was it as far as options go. Randomly, I begin getting alerts to my days off the day prior to them. I check the calendar entry and somehow the alert has been activated. I change the setting and save for future events. Yet the issue is repeated the next week. This is not exclusive to just these calendar entires and happens with many of them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?
I'd start by checking the default alert times for various events:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (scroll down to "Calendars" section) Default Alert Times > check there to see if the options selected are what you want.

For example, if you entered your days off as all day events, check to see if the "All-Day Events" default is set to "1 day before (9:00)" or something similar. If so, that's likely what's causing the alerts to appear.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Minicube
macrumors regular

I assume you've checked the settings r2shyyou mentioned. I've not had your problem, but I am experiencing random subscription inactivations. Over and over (see thread below). Are you on Lion or Mt. Lion?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1503337
Minicube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 AM   #4
ZGXtreme
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
I'd start by checking the default alert times for various events:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (scroll down to "Calendars" section) Default Alert Times > check there to see if the options selected are what you want.

For example, if you entered your days off as all day events, check to see if the "All-Day Events" default is set to "1 day before (9:00)" or something similar. If so, that's likely what's causing the alerts to appear.
Thanks, just checked that and all are set to none. I've gone to the extent of deleting as a while some of the entries which repeat and even then the alerts will reappear. It's boggling my mind as to why lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicube View Post
I assume you've checked the settings r2shyyou mentioned. I've not had your problem, but I am experiencing random subscription inactivations. Over and over (see thread below). Are you on Lion or Mt. Lion?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1503337
I'm on Mt. Lion with iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 and iOS 5 on my iPad 1. All synced with the same iCloud account.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:06 AM   #5
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
Thanks, just checked that and all are set to none. I've gone to the extent of deleting as a while some of the entries which repeat and even then the alerts will reappear. It's boggling my mind as to why lol.

I'm on Mt. Lion with iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 and iOS 5 on my iPad 1. All synced with the same iCloud account.
And are they also all set to "None" on your other devices? (Not sure if the setting on one transfers to others.) I believe the path is the same for iOS 5 as it is for iOS 6 but it's obviously different for Mountain Lion.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services