Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:35 AM   #251
smoledman
macrumors 65816

In the end Apple will buy Oculus VR and will revolutionize virtual reality.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:46 AM   #252
komodrone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
I've been around windows for many many years, I know many people who have been around windows for many many years. Neither I nor anyone I know has encountered this issue once, much less many times. You either don't know what you're doing or you're making stuff up.

Maybe you're right and the blame shouldn't be put on 3rd party vendors, but the end user instead.
So using your logic:
I've been around the beach for many many years, I know many people who have been around beaches for many years. Neither I nor anyone I know has encountered a jelly fish sting once, much less many times. Victims of a jelly fish sting either do not know what they're doing or they're making stuff up. That's gotta be it...RIGHT?

...smug alert.

Anyways, I'm done reading anymore comments in this thread.

Last edited by komodrone; Apr 17, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
komodrone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:21 AM   #253
twigman08
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodrone View Post
Try sticking the HD into a new computer, boot (which tries to repair itself), remove it from the new computer and put it back into the original computer. You'll find that it no longer boots on either computer. That's a huge stability issue.
Again, the exact same thing can happen to any system. Hell Linux actually has issues with how it handles hard drives and I encountered it a couple months ago.

I can and HAVE done basically the same thing before on a Mac. Guess what? Didn't boot.

I love OSX and believe it is a really good Operating System. But seriously the Windows misconception is going too far. Nowadays Windows is just as stable as OSX. For every "stability" you can name on Windows, I or someone else here can easily give examples of the same thing happening on OSX or even some other OS! Their is no perfect OS and yes Windows does have its issues but OSX also has its issues that is absolutely struggles with that Windows machines now do better.
twigman08 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:23 AM   #254
Zaphodsplanet
macrumors member

If Dullards at MS are so quickly interested

The Product idea will bomb!!!

Quite frankly, the whole idea of this seems only about 20% less lame than Google Glass.... which in my humble opinion, is as revealing about a user as having "douche bag" tattooed on your stinking forehead.

I'd rather dump money on a nice Oris watch.... than wear the 2013 version of the 1980's calculator watch. Just seems lame and as thou the industry as a whole has lost a bit of direction. This is what happens when you start thinking Facebook is a great way to invest your time; never quite getting that nobody cares where you're going next week, or how much beer you can drink.
Zaphodsplanet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:45 AM   #255
sebastian...
macrumors regular

Casio touch screen watch in 1983 . And they had multiple models. And it was water resist and touch screen in 1983 ! On a watch !

They also had around that time a talking watch with human voice. And the voice would not only tell time, but announced you had n minutes till the timer is up and other functions.

Last edited by sebastian...; Apr 17, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
sebastian... is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:41 AM   #256
Steve121178
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
SO tired of all the copycat carbon copy junk out there. cant companies be original?
Apple are not the first company to produce a time piece...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:10 AM   #257
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

Quote:
<translation>You guys are all poopy heads because you won't mindlessly bash MS with me. I'm taking my toys and leaving!</translation>

I'll slam MS, Apple, whomever, if there is a legitimate reason.
Your reasoning is flawed.
You will have issues with any OS if you wholesale change the hardware it was originally configured to run under.
It is always good form to rerun the setup process when making major hardware changes.

As for the topic, MS made software for smartwatches before (SPOT), so it's hard to copy and idea from another company when they have already done it themselves.
Apple hasn't made anything, so you cannot copy what doesn't exist.

Heck, the Fossil Abacus ran full blown Palm OS back in 2003.
Huge watch, but still pretty cool back then.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:45 PM   #258
2IS
macrumors 68000

Quote:
So using your logic:
I've been around the beach for many many years, I know many people who have been around beaches for many years. Neither I nor anyone I know has encountered a jelly fish sting once, much less many times. Victims of a jelly fish sting either do not know what they're doing or they're making stuff up. That's gotta be it...RIGHT?

...smug alert.

No, not they, just you after reading your utter nonsensical posts in this thread. They probably exist in other threads too, luckily I have not bee subjected to them.
2IS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:50 PM   #259
frayne182
macrumors 6502

Man this whole watch thing(including apple) is a stupid idea.

If you want to stay a virgin get one of these smart watches..... and Google eye glasses.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:28 AM   #260
thekeyring
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Goff View Post
Admitting that Microsoft isn't horrible now is a crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbRffBCeYw&safe=active
Arrest me then.
thekeyring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:31 AM   #261
smoledman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeyring View Post
Exactly, and Windows 8 boots up faster than OS X. They've done a lot of good.
That's because Microsoft is playing boot-up tricks to make it seem like it's faster when it's not.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:41 AM   #262
thekeyring
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
That's because Microsoft is playing boot-up tricks to make it seem like it's faster when it's not.
Regardless, it takes less time to boot up. It's not an optical illusion. However, are their any negative effects of the quick boot up time?
thekeyring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 02:12 AM   #263
Ramio
macrumors 6502

I'll pass. Ill stick to wearing my Omega Planet Ocean. There is no way you can make these kind of watches sleek and elegant.
Ramio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:17 PM   #264
Michael Goff
macrumors 68040

Quote:
It doesn't? So when I click the power button on my Macbook Air, switch to Windows 8, and let it boot... the fact that it takes a smaller amount of time doesn't mean it boots faster?

Interesting.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:36 PM   #265
Macintosh-HD
macrumors member

Watches aren't as popular as they one were a time back. I don't get either why everyone is jumping on the smartwatch bandwagon

Most everyone nowadays just checks their phone for the time...
Macintosh-HD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:03 PM   #266
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

Quote:
You're thinking of the garbage MS pulled on XP/Vista/W7 where you would get to a login screen fast, but it still took forever and a week to actually be able to do something. Granted Win 7 was better, bit still had the a post login lag.

Win 8 is ready to rock the instant you see the login screen. What ever needs to be loaded is there before you log in, not after like previous Win versions.
No tricks, just eliminated the unnecessary bloat.
My old Dell Vostro 400 (using it now) boots in less than 20 seconds and is ready the moment I log in.

As you can see by the screen shot, it is no beast by any means.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sysinfo.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	408975  
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:22 AM   #267
rovex
macrumors 65816

iwatch.
rovex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion