Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:49 PM   #51
lucidhysteria
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular View Post
Can someone with access to it let us know whether they've undone what I consider iTunes 11's biggest stupidity, in which the Up Next's list INSISTS on filling itself with random stuff I don't ask for when I just want to listen to one album?
I probably shouldn't jump in on this, and I'm not trying to be condescending or rude, either, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Since when does the Up Next feature add anything by itself? I add music manually, and whatever I add is all there is in Up Next. Does Up Next really autofill for you (and others on here who haven't argued with your main premise)??

In any case, you know you can add entire albums to Up Next at once, right? Even multiple albums at once (just right click on them in albums view, or anywhere else, as far as I know). And they should play in the order you add them, unshuffled.

Sorry that's probably not helpful at all (I'm sure you already knew it), but I've never seen this autofill functionality or had any problems and I simply can't fathom what you're talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 5.42.47 PM.png
Views:	37
Size:	735.2 KB
ID:	425390  
lucidhysteria is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:55 PM   #52
blabliblu
Banned

For having used iTunes for 10 years, I can say it's BY FAR the worst Apple product/software of all.

It's getting more and more bloated, slow, inefficient, uninnovative and late (still no Flac? No streaming library? No Subgenres field? No Label field? No plugins?)

A huge piece of **** that used to be, with the iPod, the first reason why I switched to Apple a while ago...
blabliblu is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:21 PM   #53
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

scrolling is still horribly slow with the mouse wheel.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:39 PM   #54
xlii
macrumors 68000

I hope the current radio station button is still there and working. I use itunes to tune in to internet radio stations a lot.
xlii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:44 PM   #55
Killa Aaron
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
I hope the current radio station button is still there and working. I use itunes to tune in to internet radio stations a lot.
It is, it's just simply labeled as internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 6.43.07 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	425408  
Old Jul 29, 2013, 07:10 PM   #56
tanousjm
macrumors member

For everyone not seeing the Notification Center banners for iTunes tracks, it's only doing it for me when iTunes is NOT the active application. So start playing a song, bring another app to the front, then use your keyboard media controls to change tracks. You'll then see the Notification Center banner.

On another note, I'm a paid iOS and Mac developer in the U.S., I'm running the 11.1 beta on Mavericks B4, and I can't find iRadio anywhere in the app. What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! I'm still not used to the new iTunes interface after all this time; kept looking for it in the sidebar :\

Last edited by tanousjm; Jul 29, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
tanousjm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 07:27 PM   #57
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanousjm View Post
For everyone not seeing the Notification Center banners for iTunes tracks, it's only doing it for me when iTunes is NOT the active application. So start playing a song, bring another app to the front, then use your keyboard media controls to change tracks. You'll then see the Notification Center banner.
Yeah, this is the case.

I wish they would make the notifications links to the page to buy them in the iTunes Store. Would love that.

Would be nice to make another button to match my Dictation one and automatically start playing the last radio station with a combination-click of a button. Hmmm...
Old Jul 29, 2013, 08:42 PM   #58
tubular
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhysteria View Post
Sorry — that's probably not helpful at all (I'm sure you already knew it), but I've never seen this autofill functionality or had any problems and I simply can't fathom what you're talking about.
Actually, very helpful, as it made me double check whether I have made a complete fool of myself or only half a fool. I'm describing the behavior if you're setting the queue using the Remote app on the iPad or iPhone. The OSX app does indeed work as you describe. The iOS app does not. So the answer is: only half a fool.

The use case is myself on a couch with a good book and my iPad mini nearby, wanting to pick my music without having to trudge over to the computer if I have a sudden inspiration on what I'd like to hear next. It hadn't occured to me that the desktop Up Next would behave differently than the iPad Up Next. Seems it's only the iPad remote which comes with a free Clippy impersonation.
tubular is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:23 PM   #59
nickelman81
macrumors newbie

Can't d/l iTunes Beta

Nevermind… Figured it out.

Last edited by nickelman81; Jul 29, 2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: No longer need help.
nickelman81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:42 PM   #60
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Interesting....

I was aware of iRadio. But seems as Apple is in a hurry to deploy the system....hope that will be well implemented, no matter only in USA to start....

Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:03 AM   #61
juanmanas
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabliblu View Post
For having used iTunes for 10 years, I can say it's BY FAR the worst Apple product/software of all.

It's getting more and more bloated, slow, inefficient, uninnovative and late (still no Flac? No streaming library? No Subgenres field? No Label field? No plugins?)

A huge piece of **** that used to be, with the iPod, the first reason why I switched to Apple a while ago...
Ok. I was already missing the nearly suicidal character...

Buy a PC and use Real Player, or Winamp, or even better, windows media player.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixsan View Post
I was aware of iRadio. But seems as Apple is in a hurry to deploy the system....hope that will be well implemented, no matter only in USA to start....

Works quite well so far.

Im afraid only in the USA for a while. Apple will have to negotiate separate deals in every country and some of them are nearly impossible. They still believe the CD will do a comeback...
juanmanas is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:43 AM   #62
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

Does it still work on Snow Leopard?
AnonMac50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:06 AM   #63
Sky Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonMac50 View Post
Does it still work on Snow Leopard?
Unfortunately, yes.
Sky Blue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:10 AM   #64
mirzank
macrumors regular

hey just updated to itunes 11 beta 1 but can't find a way to use itunes radio even though i'm logged into my itunes account (american account). i haven't upgraded to mavericks, do you need both the updated OS and updated iTunes? or just the current beta will do on 10.8?

I've looked through the menus just can't see anything. would appreciate if one of you can guide me.

edit: just clicked the arrow next to a song and it says "new station from artist" and "new station from song". is this it?

also, if i select by artist does it just create a station for current artist, and from song creates similar genre songs regardless of artist? no, iv'e never used pandora.
mirzank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:14 AM   #65
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Unfortunately, yes.
Unfortunately?
AnonMac50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:58 AM   #66
Sky Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzank View Post
hey just updated to itunes 11 beta 1 but can't find a way to use itunes radio
Look up the top of this page.
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:46 PM   #67
BigHonkingDeal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Turk View Post
Correction - I'm a paid developer for iOS only.
Scroll down, it's on the bottom of the page....
BigHonkingDeal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:35 PM   #68
Vegasryn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHonkingDeal View Post
Scroll down, it's on the bottom of the page....

cant log into dev center - must be down again
Old Jul 30, 2013, 06:33 PM   #69
r.harris1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasryn View Post
cant log into dev center - must be down again
It's up. You should try it again.
r.harris1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 07:31 PM   #70
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
i'm really looking forward to iTunes Radio. i hope it tracks what i listen to in a more efficient manner than genius and will give me good recommendations
Old Aug 2, 2013, 09:25 AM   #71
GIZBUG
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelknead1 View Post
Mac Only at this point.
Weird they dont release beta for both WINDOWS and MAC at same time................

2011 13'' MB Air || 32GB Black Iphone 5 (VZW) ||
Ipad (3rd Generation) || Windows 8.1 Pro Desktop
GIZBUG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2013, 09:08 AM   #72
milo
macrumors 603

Not really, on the mac side they have an existing pool of testers. Makes perfect sense they'd iron out some of the bugs on mac before doing a windows beta.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 06:33 AM   #73
dallardice
macrumors member

Beta shuffle problems

Anyone else seeing problems with Shuffle in the beta?

If I click on a playlist and then the shuffle icon at the top of the list, the playlist starts playing in order, not shuffled. If I use the Remote app on my iPad or iPhone and select the shuffle icon from there, then the playlist shuffles, but always in the same way, and in a rather unsatisfying way (e.g. 7 out of the first 20 tracks by the same artist...) Have reported it as a bug but surprised not to see any other reports of this.
dallardice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:39 PM   #74
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 601

Apple seeds iTunes 11.1 beta 2 to developers.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion