Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
And iPad mini for out of the house and an iPad 2 at home or an iPod touch for out of the house and an iPad 2 at home.

Most common tasks are watching movies, playing games, reading books, and surfing the web.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I passed on the mini (except for buying one for a Christmas gift) and instead ordered the Touch 5G. Reason being that I wanted something small enough to fit into my pocket, as well as a good camera that would always be handy.

The Touch fits that bill for me. My iPad 2 is used for videos, gaming, surfing - and traveling, since it's cellular and I've kept it on iOS 5.1.1 (Google maps).

Must say that it's great to have reminders, contacts, music, etc. in the cloud

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Same as Aspasia here, currently holding an Ipad 2 and will probably get Ipod touch 5 for Christmas.

I was on dilemma between the 4th and 5th gen but last night i went to play with 4th one, the screen may already seem too small for today already. Even i have multiple 30pin usb at home unless if i only use the touch for music and video then 4th gen maybe okay.

Mini is just way too similar to Ipad 2, in my opinion. Its a good device but i prefer to have at least a device with retina. Its a lot more mobile obviously.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
iPad mini will serve as my portable gadget that will accompany me to work and everywhere else outside my home. I'm thinking of getting an iPad 4 or wait for iPad 5 for home use. iPhone 5 or 5S will be my camera and music player, with checking in, SMS, calls, and quick tasks.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
iPad mini will serve as my portable gadget that will accompany me to work and everywhere else outside my home. I'm thinking of getting an iPad 4 or wait for iPad 5 for home use. iPhone 5 or 5S will be my camera and music player, with checking in, SMS, calls, and quick tasks.

Sorry, but i find your usage quite redundant. If you already have Iphone 5 for music and camera, and i believed you used your nano for music as well. Then you are take your mini with you everywhere to do what? Plus you planed to purchase another regular ipad for home use.

No biggie, just curious. That's all. Thanks.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Sorry, but i find your usage quite redundant. If you already have Iphone 5 for music and camera, and i believed you used your nano for music as well. Then you are take your mini with you everywhere to do what? Plus you planed to purchase another regular ipad for home use.

No biggie, just curious. That's all. Thanks.

I don't use my Nano anymore, my iPhone phased it out. The Mini will be used for browsing the web and video games when I am out and about in the city.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
For me

iPhone 5 out the house
iPad mini in the house
Macbook Air when I need to write an assignment

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I take my iphone 4s out for checking email and SMS/iMessage..check my FB/Tweets. also use my iphone as spy camera/video.
I also take ipad 2 with me but stay in my messager bag only for reading, playing games, and check tweets on LONG commute trip. I never check email on my ipad. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.