Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belarocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
I’m having trouble connecting to one of my ATV3 units via airplay from my MBP and iMac. I don’t have any issues connecting to this particular ATV3 with my iPhone via airplay. Additionally, I’m able to connect to 3 other ATV3 units and 2 APE units connected to speakers using airplay from both the computers (MBP and iMac) and my iPhone.

The ATV3 that I’m having trouble with seems to function fine otherwise. It is hardwired to my Time Capsule. The other ATV3 units and APE units that are working with airplay are connected on both wireless and wired.

I’ve tried restoring the ATV3 in question and going back through the entire setup procedure. The unit shows on the airplay pull-down menu but times out trying to connect. I’d appreciate any advice on how to get this issue resolved. Thanks

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
I’m having trouble connecting to one of my ATV3 units via airplay from my MBP and iMac. I don’t have any issues connecting to this particular ATV3 with my iPhone via airplay. Additionally, I’m able to connect to 3 other ATV3 units and 2 APE units connected to speakers using airplay from both the computers (MBP and iMac) and my iPhone.

The ATV3 that I’m having trouble with seems to function fine otherwise. It is hardwired to my Time Capsule. The other ATV3 units and APE units that are working with airplay are connected on both wireless and wired.

I’ve tried restoring the ATV3 in question and going back through the entire setup procedure. The unit shows on the airplay pull-down menu but times out trying to connect. I’d appreciate any advice on how to get this issue resolved. Thanks

Did you check this thread?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1500679/

Did you install todays iTunes update?

Fixed it for me at the first sight, but time will show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.