Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anttila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Finland
I thought to post here my imaginary and graphical essay of Apple iBoard project. I started this project last autumn to solve, is it possible to abandon original mouse & keyboard combination, once for all.

So I came up with this idea of iBoard system with no mouse, no keyboard and no extra wires. What also came up was idea of "UID", as I call it Universal Identity Card, which would allow you (shortly) to jump between every Apple App and device.

This project was so inspiring to my self, so I decided to post my work to other people and developers to joy. So It's not very clear to me, is this right place or right forum to post this. But what a heck, here it is, anyway.

"Sketching"

drafti.jpg

Goal of the project was to finally get rid of the traditional keyboard and mouse, which would replace the wireless iBoard. IPad and iPhone into a familiar maneuver, such as swiping and pinching to work, of course, also included to iBoard.

"Rationale"

iboard-1.jpg

What is UID? Small adapter for all new Apple products, such as iMac, iPad, iPhone and MacBook series. Shortly it’s a small integrated dock connector and usb-port system with battery and WiFi-features. Now on, you can easily Secure your data and instantly continue your work in any supported Apple product. Just pop it up, plug it in to the new system and you are ready to go. Used with OS XA (A = Awesome) operation system, UID will now easy your daily tasks by saving your current work wich you can continue in any OS XA supported platforms.

"Keyboard"

iboard-2.jpg

The "keyboard" is displayed by tapping the screen twice. When typing, you don't need to rise your head to screen, because you can use iBoards own screen for auto-correct and text-preview. This feature will specially facilitate the participation of older people and children in typing.

"Mouse"

iboard-3.jpg

The "mouse" can be accessed by swiping two or more fingers in iBoards "active spots".

By adjusting the touch sensitivity of the board it's possible also to do precision work, such as drawing. In addition, it is no longer relevant, if you are right-or left-handed. Successful used mirrored sides, or even both hands at once.

"Dock"

iboard-4.jpg

Classic Dock will appear when holding your finger in a very bottom of iBoard.

"Desktop"

iboard-5.jpg

To reveal your desktop in iBoard, just hold your finger in a center of the board.

"All in one"

iboard-5.jpg

With iBoard it is possible to abandon original mouse & keyboard combination, once for all

The whole set of larger images can also be found on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.544929962195661.117160.492023250819666&type=3

Last edited:

Anttila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Finland
Related link

Check out this iBoard related Apple Magic Trackpad video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYwoLXIZ30

----------

Like the way you presented it, not sure how practical it would be

Thank you Grolubao for your post! I don't know either, but I'm pretty sure that wires will vanish in a a few years. So they must develop new product to do that and this essay is how I see it coming.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I'd rather have an e-ink keyboard and a mouse, or just a touchscreen device. If you want to type, you can't beat physical keys, and for touch input you may as well do it on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.