Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphonehelp56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Is there any reason why I can receive MMS messages while on the phone but I cant send them? I have an iphone 5 on AT&T and I tried another iphone on the same network but it could only receive and not send too. Is this AT&T? Its not a big problem but I just have to end the call for it to send and call the person back which is pretty annoying.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Is there any reason why I can receive MMS messages while on the phone but I cant send them? I have an iphone 5 on AT&T and I tried another iphone on the same network but it could only receive and not send too. Is this AT&T? Its not a big problem but I just have to end the call for it to send and call the person back which is pretty annoying.

I had an iPhone with ATT for several years and never had this issue. I was always able to place someone on speaker and send them a message.

Iphonehelp56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I had an iPhone with ATT for several years and never had this issue. I was always able to place someone on speaker and send them a message.

Thats how it use to be for me but for some reason its changed. I know that my cell tower has been under repair and upgrading so it might have something to do with the tower. Ill try somewhere else and see if i get the issue again

iErick

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
AT&T is throttling data while on a call. Upload speeds are unusable while on a phone call :-/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.