Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:40 PM   #126
Ritte
macrumors member

Does media center work for you guys? I've installed both clicktoplugin and mediacenter and I can't airplay any videos. I even don't get the alternative when hovering the upper right corner of the video (where you can choose video quality).

Using safari 6.0.5 and latest extensions.

Edit: have checked the atvs bonjour name too.
Edit2: Enabled airplay in clicktoplugin-extentsion, but when hitting airplay nothing happens.

Last edited by Ritte; Jul 28, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Ritte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 09:55 AM   #127
Fofer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritte View Post
Does media center work for you guys? I've installed both clicktoplugin and mediacenter and I can't airplay any videos. I even don't get the alternative when hovering the upper right corner of the video (where you can choose video quality).

Using safari 6.0.5 and latest extensions.

Edit: have checked the atvs bonjour name too.
Edit2: Enabled airplay in clicktoplugin-extentsion, but when hitting airplay nothing happens.
Yes, MediaCenter (and ClickToFlash) continue to work fine for me, now on Safari 7 and Mavericks. Make sure you have the latest version of the extensions, there have been quite a few fixes and tweaks in the last few months.

The best place to test MediaCenter is Vimeo.com, since that site is now all HTML5.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
I meant video and that from other than iTunes, also would be nice if i can airplay my windows desktop via airplay too.... thought someone would have come up with stuff already for this, but not much around
Check out AirParrot, it works on Mac and Windows:
http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/
Fofer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 02:20 PM   #128
BeachChair
macrumors 6502a

It only works in for me in Vimeo. Other HTML5 video sites don't work, not even Youtube.

Not sure what to try
BeachChair is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:24 AM   #129
BeachChair
macrumors 6502a

Does Airplay from Safari work on Youtube for you guys?
BeachChair is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:46 AM   #130
priitv8
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachChair View Post
Does Airplay from Safari work on Youtube for you guys?
Yes, it does, for me. Important: it's not the feature of Safari, but of the Click to Flash plug-in.

Last edited by priitv8; Nov 20, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
priitv8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:00 PM   #131
Fofer
macrumors 6502a

Yep, Airplay (in Safari/Mac) works from YouTube for me, as well as Facebook, TEDTalks, DailyMotion, and lots and lots of other video sites. Make sure you have the latest version of ClickToFlash installed, that will present the Airplay-able HTML5 video whenever possible.

I would also make sure you're NOT enrolled in YouTube's own HTML5 beta as I think the HTML5/QuickTime UI that ClickToFlash provides works better.

Lastly, also install Media Center (from the same developer) as that will give you the same Airplay contextual menu command for video sites that already have moved over to HTML5 by default or exclusively (like Vimeo, and Funny or Die, and a few others.
Fofer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater