Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:06 PM   #26
WilliamG
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
what is the image retention test? i think i got some retention or some bleeding on the lower left corner too on my late 2012 27" iMac, dunno what exactly it is but it doesn't get caputered in a screenshot so its bleeding i guess??

Thanks..
Bleeding is not image retention.

http://www.marco.org/rmbp-irtest.html
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:00 PM   #27
Mac32
macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that, I also bought a 27'' late 2012 iMac model at the same time as you, and there's still no IR here. I would definitely return a new iMac showing this flaw. Really strange however that IR showed up on your iMac screen after nearly 2 years... You should talk to Apple support, I've always been very happy with Apple's costumer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
And now, a little under 2 years after receiving my 2012 iMac, I now am afflicted with... image retention! Wonderful. Only noticeable on grey screens, but still... suck! Impressed it took this long to show itself, but... alas...

*sigh*

So far, it's only the lower right corner (which is where I saw it on a reboot), and after doing the image retention test - it's still that lower right corner. Interesting that it's manifested itself in just one corner...
Mac32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:21 PM   #28
WilliamG
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac32 View Post
Sorry to hear that, I also bought a 27'' late 2012 iMac model at the same time as you, and there's still no IR here. I would definitely return a new iMac showing this flaw. Really strange however that IR showed up on your iMac screen after nearly 2 years... You should talk to Apple support, I've always been very happy with Apple's costumer service.
Yep, it's a little strange. It's also just on the lower right side area of my screen. The left side is just fine.

And this is why I maintained it doesn't affect everybody. The iMac has been in the exact same place for not quite two years. Very odd..

I'll keep an eye on it, and I'll get the screen replaced under Applecare anyway before my 3-year warranty is up.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac