Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
That's pretty cool, I didn't know BB did trade in's and sometimes I just don't want to be bothered with eBay, paying their fee's plus PayPal Fee's and dealing with selling it. If I decide to get the iP5S this summer (just got the 5 this weekend) I may look for a quick flip. I hear too many issues with Gazelle claiming products are NOt in the condition you know they were when you shipped them, etc.

BTW, I just did a quick, search on eBay, Best Buy Trade-In, Gazelle and MacOfAllTrades.com (I have sold alot of Mac stuff to them and they are a great place to work with).

iPhone 5 64GB White Verizon - Flawless (just got it but go with me here)

Mac Of All Trades.com $500
Best Buy $440
eBay $400-450 (Auctions)
Gazelle $315

So there you have it. We recently replaced our MacBook Pro and iMac and sold them throught Mac Of All Trades.com and they paid for the shipping, and I had my funds in PayPal within 2 days of receipt of the equipment. So there are lots of options out there.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Nice. As you can see that's the model I have. The problem is my upgrade time comes about when the rumors have an iPhone 5S coming out, which probably means the price will drop.

HOWEVER, I finally convinced my mom to upgrade her iPhone 3GS. Well, when I say convinced, I basically said "Gimme your phone. I'll bring you back an iPhone 5." I did this once I found out about the trade-in program and valued her iPhone 3GS 32GB. $175. I could've gotten an extra $5 for the cable, but those are worth more than $5 when you, your dad, half your aunts and uncles, and your sister and her husband all have iPhones and iPads that use the old cable.

The iPhone 5 16GB was on sale for $150. Bought an extra Lightning cable and then a car charger for Lighting -- which she has since lost, argh -- for $40 total. So she basically upgraded and got two cables for $25, give or take a few in taxes.

As some people say, you can probably do better on eBay. But I'd rather take the easier road for an assured $175 gift card that I can turn around on a phone. Had I done this in the correct order, as the OP said I would've gotten another $50. But I didn't. I used it on a vacuum cleaner the next week.

Very good program that not near enough people have heard of.

Mellisaray

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
I just had my first experience at Best Buy using their Trade-In Program. They gave me $260 for my iPhone 4s 16GB Verizon and I also had a $50 gift card that I signed up for that was available for my next upgrade.

So basically I was able to upgrade to an iPhone 5 32GB for free. It was a quick, smooth transaction in the store and I highly recommend it to anyone that isn't just wanting to sell their phone for cash.

wow, looks interesting, but you are really lucky for getting a new iPhone 5 through selling you old iPhone 4S:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.