Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 16, 2013, 01:27 PM   #51
Oldschoolers
macrumors member

Boring Keynote

The only interesting part was when they had "network" issues. I'm sure the developer community was happy, but pretty boring to me...although better than Facebook's.
Old May 19, 2013, 08:51 AM   #52
Tech198
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
What? Game Center? It wasn't even a new idea when Apple did it for iOS.

I'd say Google is late to the game (pardon the pun), but they're not copying anything that hasn't already been copied a thousand times before by a thousand other people.

On another topic, I hate it when a company implements a nice service seen elsewhere, and everyone starts screaming about copying. I don't care who copied who. I want variety.
I never said it something new Apple did,,, all I said was they came out with with AFTER Apple did, suggesting they obviously saw what Apple was doing and thought "hey, why don't we try that to."

Thus, the thinking, why didn't Google do something before ?

Sorry, but i just like to point out every detail here, and bring it up as it being strange since Google never thought abut their own idea.
Old May 19, 2013, 08:58 AM   #53
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Does anyone ever get the feeling that we all argue about the exact same stuff day after day, and the only thing that changes are a few names or phrases here and there?

Also Google rules.
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 09:17 AM   #54
zone23
macrumors 6502a

Didn't Apple copy Google Maps or did they have Maps first just wondering..
Old May 19, 2013, 10:55 AM   #55
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
I never said it something new Apple did,,, all I said was they came out with with AFTER Apple did, suggesting they obviously saw what Apple was doing and thought "hey, why don't we try that to."

Thus, the thinking, why didn't Google do something before ?

Sorry, but i just like to point out every detail here, and bring it up as it being strange since Google never thought abut their own idea.
And cannot the same be said about Apple looking what Microsoft, Steam and other were doing and thinking "hey, why don't we try that too"?

Why it is Google looking at Apple and not Google looking at Microsoft and Steam?
Old May 19, 2013, 11:45 AM   #56
Tech198
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
And cannot the same be said about Apple looking what Microsoft, Steam and other were doing and thinking "hey, why don't we try that too"?

Why it is Google looking at Apple and not Google looking at Microsoft and Steam?
I dunno.... but as of late thats all we hear... "some company has bought this to the table because we saw Apple do it"

I been asking the same question...
Old May 19, 2013, 11:50 AM   #57
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
I dunno.... but as of late thats all we hear... "some company has bought this to the table because we saw Apple do it"
No, we hear that in sites like this, another totally different thing is reality. The world doesn't revolves around Apple
Old May 19, 2013, 12:08 PM   #58
Michael Goff
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
No, we hear that in sites like this, another totally different thing is reality. The world doesn't revolves around Apple
Blasphemy!

We all know the world doesn't do anything if Apple didn't do it.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:00 PM   #59
timehacker11
macrumors newbie

Love how it's cross-platform; something GameCenter isn't.

Don't even say it's on iOS and OS X. In order to use the latest features, you MUST upgrade to the newest iOS or OS X; meaning previous versions are SOL in regards of access to features. Meanwhile, Google is making it so no one needs to upgrade to the latest version to use the game services.
timehacker11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:14 PM   #60
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonAppleSeed View Post
Time to fire up the lawyers!
I can see it now...

"Your honor. What we've done is set up an API our developers can use that allows access to a serve that keeps track of high scores, game achievements, and friends they've made playing multiplayer games".

"Hmm. Sounds like something the Playstation 3, Xbox360, the Wii, and Steam have had since well before 2007. What makes your idea any different from theres"?

"Ours is on a smartphone, your honor. We invented smartphones. It's our innovation".

"THAT SETTLES IT! GOOGLE OWES APPLE 15 BILLION DOLLARS FOR PATENT THEFT".

And then we'll see tons of "Google ripped off Apple's ideas, Apple is allowed to protect their ideas, and Google paid the price" posts in response. It'll be wonderful.

edit: and then it dawned on me that I'm replying to a months old thread. THE SHAAAAMMMMEEE!
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:40 PM   #61
blitzer09x87
macrumors 6502

cross platform is a great thing, this thing is definitely better than the game centre
blitzer09x87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion