Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jesselauren03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
When I am using my apple tv, the remote will randomly adjust things on my macbook pro.

First, when hitting the scroll buttons through the various menus items the volume on my macbook pro will adjust itself. Second, it will start playing miscellaneous songs on my iTunes when I hit the enter button to select something (whether it be a show to watch or other menu item) This will happen even when no music is previously playing.

As a result every time I hit the center ("enter") button to watch a tv show on Netflix a song on my lap top will start playing and I have to go hit the pause button.

Any idea how to fix this from happening?

Thanks!

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
When I am using my apple tv, the remote will randomly adjust things on my macbook pro.

First, when hitting the scroll buttons through the various menus items the volume on my macbook pro will adjust itself. Second, it will start playing miscellaneous songs on my iTunes when I hit the enter button to select something (whether it be a show to watch or other menu item) This will happen even when no music is previously playing.

As a result every time I hit the center ("enter") button to watch a tv show on Netflix a song on my lap top will start playing and I have to go hit the pause button.

Any idea how to fix this from happening?

Thanks!

go to Macbook Pro, System Preferences>Security & Privacy>firewall>( make sure you click the Lock key to unlock and change settings)>Advance...>(check) on "Disable Remote Control Infrared Receiver". this will disable the macbook from taking commands from remote control. happened when i first had my apple tv :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.