Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Are there any alarm clocks out there that support HD radio and airplay? If not, how about alarm clocks with airplay?

Any personal experience with a product is especially appreciated.

The alarm clock doesn't even have to have the ability to dock a phone. I have an iPhone5, but would even consider settling for an alarm clock that has the old 30-pin connector or no connector at all.

I do not want to use my phone as the alarm, so I'm not looking for an "alarm app."

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Hmm, well I do know of one product that has both HD radio and Airplay built in. But it doesn't have an alarm clock, or speakers. And it retails for $1700.

You don't want to plug the phone in while you sleep? I think that's why no company seems to have bothered, they think people will plug in their phone and get music from wired.

Or, you could get one with an input and use an Airport Express.

Some claim the Panasonic SC-HC57 has an alarm. Only appears to have DAB radio, not HD. (DAB is Europe's HD)

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
You don't want to plug the phone in while you sleep? I think that's why no company seems to have bothered, they think people will plug in their phone and get music from wired.

Or, you could get one with an input and use an Airport Express.

I like to have my alarm across the room from me, but I like to select music from my bed. This is why I need airplay and why I don't care about docking it.

I currently have an alarm clock + airport express setup. However, the audio drops in and out occasionally, which is annoying. My audio system with airplay built-in in the living room does not experience the audio problems. I am hoping to resolve the problem with built-in airplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.