Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1
BruiserB
macrumors 6502a

Has anyone bought FROM Gazelle or eBay instant sale?

I have sold an old ipad through eBay instant sale before and it was a trouble free process. I know they sell as alltechwholesale on eBay. I was also able to find Gazelle's store there. Wondering what people's experience has been buying from them?

I'm currently using my iPhone 4 with T-mobile. I just switched to them and really am happy. I know I could get better data speeds on a 4S or 5, since they are HSPA+. I live in Minneapolis where T-mobile has refarmed spectrum.

I know I can buy unlocked and unsubsidised directly from Apple. But I was thinking I could save some $ by using one of these stores and also potentially avoid tax. I noticed the savings weren't great on a 16GB phone, but seemed to be more substantial on the 32GB and 64GB models which is probably what I want anyway. So what have the experiences been? You just seem to select by a grade level but they don't post a photo of the actual phone you are purchasing. I probably want an iPhone 5, so I know there's a good chance there could be a slight imperfection. I'm not completely OCD, but if there was a big nick or scratch I'd be disappointed. It looks like Gazelle will take an exchange if you aren't happy.

Also, slightly different topic, most still seem to be ATT locked. I know there are lots of unlocks available on eBay. Is the consensus that these are low risk of ever getting detected/reversed by Apple/ATT?
BruiserB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiserB View Post
I have sold an old ipad through eBay instant sale before and it was a trouble free process. I know they sell as alltechwholesale on eBay. I was also able to find Gazelle's store there. Wondering what people's experience has been buying from them?

I'm currently using my iPhone 4 with T-mobile. I just switched to them and really am happy. I know I could get better data speeds on a 4S or 5, since they are HSPA+. I live in Minneapolis where T-mobile has refarmed spectrum.

I know I can buy unlocked and unsubsidised directly from Apple. But I was thinking I could save some $ by using one of these stores and also potentially avoid tax. I noticed the savings weren't great on a 16GB phone, but seemed to be more substantial on the 32GB and 64GB models which is probably what I want anyway. So what have the experiences been? You just seem to select by a grade level but they don't post a photo of the actual phone you are purchasing. I probably want an iPhone 5, so I know there's a good chance there could be a slight imperfection. I'm not completely OCD, but if there was a big nick or scratch I'd be disappointed. It looks like Gazelle will take an exchange if you aren't happy.

Also, slightly different topic, most still seem to be ATT locked. I know there are lots of unlocks available on eBay. Is the consensus that these are low risk of ever getting detected/reversed by Apple/ATT?
eBay unlocks are easy. In terms of buying used, you get what you pay for.
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:08 AM   #3
dingster1
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to dingster1
I buy all my phones for Verizon from Gazelle's store. I've bought about 6-8 with not one issue.
dingster1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone