Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sleepy01

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Is it me or did Apple get rid of the display manufacturer check on the mountain lion. You know checking if its LG vs Samsung on Terminal interface. Just wondering because I bought my mom a new macbook air and I am configuring and setting up it for her right now. I guess they got tired of people complaining about LG screens

----------

Meh, the screen looks good. So it does not really matter.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Was it this command?

ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

There is more noise here that the command does not work on 13" rMBP but does on 15"

I think the command can be wrong, the OS and HW has to know the make of the display.

Sleepy01

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Was it this command?

ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

There is more noise here that the command does not work on 13" rMBP but does on 15"

I think the command can be wrong, the OS and HW has to know the make of the display.

Yea, thats the command I used

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yea, thats the command I used

I just used ioreg -lw0 without Grep and found a display identifier, but, on this Mac it will not be worth anything, it's a Mac Mini, does not have a display.

I am pretty sure that somewhere it is in ioreg but it's a long list, try it yourself and then search for "display".

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.