Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Apple-King
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Apple TV 2 jailbreak

Guys, I'm new to this apple world and I just bought a iphone 5 and. MacBook Pro retina and a Apple TV 2. Now my question is, what's the story with jailbreaking the Apple TV 2? I'm sorry if its been asked before but as I said, I'm new. Can someone guide me in info about how it all works and what do you download first... What is xbmc? Is there anything else that you need to download? Sorry about the questions guys, just trying to shed some light. Thanks so much guys.
Apple-King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 03:28 PM   #2
AlabamaSlammer
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-King View Post
Guys, I'm new to this apple world and I just bought a iphone 5 and. MacBook Pro retina and a Apple TV 2. Now my question is, what's the story with jailbreaking the Apple TV 2? I'm sorry if its been asked before but as I said, I'm new. Can someone guide me in info about how it all works and what do you download first... What is xbmc? Is there anything else that you need to download? Sorry about the questions guys, just trying to shed some light. Thanks so much guys.
Go to this link to begin the jailbreak process for your Atv2.. REMEMBER THE JAILBREAK IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK if your apple tv 2 is running 5.2.1
http://support.firecore.com/entries/...101-Seas0nPass

This is called Nito Installer. Makes the install for xbmc and its popular add-ons very easy...
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/...e-tv-2-on-mac/
__________________
Early 2011 13" Macbook pro,8gb ram,250gb ssd,1tb hdd(removed superdrive)
Verizon 16gb Moto X
16gb iPad air
Apple tv 2 (jailbroken) & Apple tv 3
AlabamaSlammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Apple-King
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlammer View Post
Go to this link to begin the jailbreak process for your Atv2.. REMEMBER THE JAILBREAK IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK if your apple tv 2 is running 5.2.1
http://support.firecore.com/entries/...101-Seas0nPass

This is called Nito Installer. Makes the install for xbmc and its popular add-ons very easy...
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/...e-tv-2-on-mac/
Hey mate, Thanks so much for your help. So whats the first link and the second link do? I mean do i install both or just one? Also i read on here that people are watching 600+ channels... How do you get them all?
Apple-King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
AlabamaSlammer
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-King View Post
Hey mate, Thanks so much for your help. So whats the first link and the second link do? I mean do i install both or just one? Also i read on here that people are watching 600+ channels... How do you get them all?
Install both. The first link is the actual jailbreak. Just follow the instructions on the web site.

The second link is to install XBMC and its popular add-ons. The add-ons is where you will be able to get different channels to watch.
__________________
Early 2011 13" Macbook pro,8gb ram,250gb ssd,1tb hdd(removed superdrive)
Verizon 16gb Moto X
16gb iPad air
Apple tv 2 (jailbroken) & Apple tv 3
AlabamaSlammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 PM   #5
SaggyBagz
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Hello - I am trying the ATV2 JailBreak, and as I open SeasOnPass, it's asking me "SeaSonPass wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." What is SeasOnPass trying to change on my Mac? I'm feeling a little hesitant right now for fear it will install something malicious.
__________________
MBP 17" 2.5Ghz model, Late 2011 (refurb)
SaggyBagz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC