Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1
XKev712
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 does not show up in iTunes on Mac

So I'm simply just trying to transfer music from my MAC 10.6.5 to my IPhone 5 however the IPhone when plugged into the MAC does not show up in ITunes 10 in the list on the left hand side.

How do I get my phone to appear in ITunes?
XKev712 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 05:41 PM   #2
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKev712 View Post
So I'm simply just trying to transfer music from my MAC 10.6.5 to my IPhone 5 however the IPhone when plugged into the MAC does not show up in ITunes 10 in the list on the left hand side.

How do I get my phone to appear in ITunes?
IF you only have 10.6.5 then you likely don't have a new enough version of iTunes and might not be able to get one.

Run software updates and install until it runs out of updates. One of them will likely be the newest version of iTunes possible. Which should be new enough to have iPhone 5 support.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting