Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
BECAUSE the trust fund babies and their families didn't pay any taxes (That's the point of trust funds) ... there's no money for Detroit. Get it fellas?:(

nobody is talking about who is paying taxes or who is robbing the poor.. of course I get it when it comes to that..

people are shooting down your argument because the whole thing revolves around you claiming half the americans are robbing the other half. it's more like, idk, 1% of americans are trust fund babies

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
BECAUSE the trust fund babies and their families didn't pay any taxes (That's the point of trust funds) ... there's no money for Detroit. Get it fellas?:(

There's no money for Detroit because when the jobs pulled out, so did the workers. When the school quality dropped and the crime rate rose out of control and nothing was done about it, the flight to the suburbs or other cities began. Now you've got a city with unbelievably high crime and unemployment rates and no jobs to be found there. Like it or not, the people with the money to pay for high taxes and real estate are not going to move into an area with high crime, low quality housing, poor infrastructure, a lack of good restaurants, etc. etc. Detroit has a chicken/egg situation on their hands. They need to reduce crime AND get new jobs, new infrastructure, new policies, etc. in place and THEN people might start returning. I work in a city with similar problems in the past that has been working hard to turn itself around, but it still faces similar problems with high crime areas surrounding the core of the city and therefore no one wanting to live in the actual city limits. I pay city taxes for working there, but I'm not moving into a neighborhood with gang activity and drive-by shootings (common in some of those neighborhoods). I grew up poor and worked hard in school to get an education and a decent job and have NO desire to return to living in such areas. And no, I never had a trust fund.... :rolleyes:

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I have high hopes for Detroit I hope they can get their legs underneath them again but I'm not really sure how to go about it

joefitz

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
Washington, DC
Manhattan Project

manhattanproject_2752.jpg

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
I would say clearly you are not the target audience for the new Mac Pro.

Get a PC.

;)

Well I already own 2 Mac Pros personally, not professionally, but while I like this machine concept idea, it doesn't really replace either of my 2 Mac Pros.

Requiring extra cables/devices kind of defeats the purpose of it being a Mac Pro. Sure it's cool looking, faster, but it won't completely replace either of my 2 Mac Pro's without extra add ons.

I guess my point is that the new Mac Pro won't replace the old Mac Pro. It's an entirely different animal. It reminds me of the next generation of the G4 Cube, but on steroids.

I'm not saying it will flop. I'm just saying, like Steve Jobs famously said about Blu Ray... It's a world of hurt. I'm saying too many hoops to jump through to get this machine up to what I already have and too many add-ons to buy for it to be a true Mac Pro.

In my mind, and maybe I'm stubborn, it's as if Apple has just outsourced the Mac Pro concept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.