Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:38 PM   #1001
flowrider
macrumors 68000
 
flowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPUser View Post
was to disconnect the internal Bluetooth chip and plug a USB Bluetooth adaptor into my wired Apply keyboard. My wireless mouse is inches away. Perfection!
Had you used Apple's IO Tools You could have chosen the BT source and you wouldn't have had to physically disconnect the internal BT card.

I don't use an Apply Keyboard. I have a Logitech Gaming Keyboard that I really like. It's lighted, my reason for getting it, and with the Logitech software, I can launch programs from it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1733267

Lou
flowrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 04:59 PM   #1002
Prince134
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Warning: KT4004 won't let you use CF cards

I purchased The inertek KT4004. It's working perfectly with my Kinsgton USB 3.0 card reader in the first few months since I mostly use SD cards until I purchased Canon 5D III that needs faster speed for raw recording. I purchased bunch of high speed CF cards.

Non of the CF cards I have can be used with KT4004, all cards mount and eject in loops. Other USB cards I purchased 2 ports generic NEC chip USB 3.0 cards can be working with CF reader in OSX 10.9 without any problems.

If you have CF card readers, might want to give it a try and help see if yours working with KT4004.

Last edited by Prince134; Jun 28, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
Prince134 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 06:30 PM   #1003
flowrider
macrumors 68000
 
flowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
^^^^I have a 7D and don't use a card reader. I hook the camera up to the front USB 2.0 ports and go from there. I download to and open up my picts in Bridge.

Lou
flowrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:36 PM   #1004
Korican100
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince134 View Post
I purchased The inertek KT4004. It's working perfectly with my Kinsgton USB 3.0 card reader in the first few months since I mostly use SD cards until I purchased Canon 5D III that needs faster speed for raw recording. I purchased bunch of high speed CF cards.

Non of the CF cards I have can be used with KT4004, all cards mount and eject in loops. Other USB cards I purchased 2 ports generic NEC chip USB 3.0 cards can be working with CF reader in OSX 10.9 without any problems.

If you have CF card readers, might want to give it a try and help see if yours working with KT4004.
you can still plug your Lexar into your USB 2.0 ports and transfer the raw files from your CF card. Correct?
__________________
MacPro5,1 (via upgrade): 3.46 GHZ Hex Core.GPU:GTX 680 Mac Ed. RAM:24GB.
Korican100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2014, 03:04 AM   #1005
malcbo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
^^^^Have you seen my previous posts in this thread? I was exasperated with the interference I was having, and my posts spell out my issues. My Post #985 describes how I finally solved the problem. Apple software, BT dongle and a USB 6' male to female cable. I've had no interference since this mod.

Lou
I have now seen your topic
__________________
Mac Pro 4,1@5,1 hexa-core 3.46GHz , 32GB RAM 1333MHz, 512GB Crucial M4, GTX-285, Dell U2711 / MacBook Air 11" (2011) 128GB / iPhone 2G, 4, 4S, 5, 5S / iPad 1, 3, mini, Air

Last edited by malcbo; Jun 29, 2014 at 03:10 AM.
malcbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:04 AM   #1006
Prince134
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korican100 View Post
you can still plug your Lexar into your USB 2.0 ports and transfer the raw files from your CF card. Correct?
Yes, the USB 2.0 port on my Mac Pro works. But KT4004 is not working with CF cards is disappointing.
Prince134 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:47 AM   #1007
mikeboss
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince134 View Post
Yes, the USB 2.0 port on my Mac Pro works. But KT4004 is not working with CF cards is disappointing.
I am using the reader from LEXAR connected to the KT4004 and it's working flawless so far...

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-...r?category=203
mikeboss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:11 AM   #1008
ActionableMango
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
ActionableMango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince134 View Post
I purchased The inertek KT4004. It's working perfectly with my Kinsgton USB 3.0 card reader in the first few months since I mostly use SD cards until I purchased Canon 5D III that needs faster speed for raw recording. I purchased bunch of high speed CF cards.

Non of the CF cards I have can be used with KT4004, all cards mount and eject in loops. Other USB cards I purchased 2 ports generic NEC chip USB 3.0 cards can be working with CF reader in OSX 10.9 without any problems.

If you have CF card readers, might want to give it a try and help see if yours working with KT4004.
Is it a Lexar reader? The first post summary says in the bullet list for the KT4004:
Quote:
Known to be incompatible with "Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader"
Other CF readers are known to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboss View Post
I am using the reader from LEXAR connected to the KT4004 and it's working flawless so far...

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-...r?category=203
Well, that's interesting since another reader has reported they don't work.

This is part of why I gave up on the first post summary. Too many anecdotal problems here and there, and repeatedly being told what I "had" to say in the first post.
ActionableMango is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:16 PM   #1009
mikeboss
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Switzerland
back when the LEXAR USB 3.0 reader came to market, it had lot's of problems on the newly released MacBooks sporting USB 3.0. LEXAR then released a firmware upgrade utility which solved these issues.

http://www.lexar.com/support/downloads
mikeboss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:56 PM   #1010
Prince134
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
It's Kingstone USB 3.0 reader that won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionableMango View Post
Is it a Lexar reader? The first post summary says in the bullet list for the KT4004:


Other CF readers are known to work fine.



Well, that's interesting since another reader has reported they don't work.

This is part of why I gave up on the first post summary. Too many anecdotal problems here and there, and repeatedly being told what I "had" to say in the first post.
It's this reader and KT4004 that won't work with CF cards:

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Memor...ton+3.0+reader
Prince134 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:58 PM   #1011
fiatlux
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboss View Post
back when the LEXAR USB 3.0 reader came to market, it had lot's of problems on the newly released MacBooks sporting USB 3.0. LEXAR then released a firmware upgrade utility which solved these issues.

http://www.lexar.com/support/downloads
I have that reader as well, flashed to latest firmware, and it is still troublesome on my KT4004. Interestingly, I have disconnects with SD cards, not with CF cards. Go figure!

I am glad I kept the older USB 2.0 version of that reader which works flawlessly.
__________________
TV1; MacBook3,1; MacPro4,1->5,1; MacMini4,1; 2009 AEBS; 1GB iPod shuffle; 80 GB iPod Classic; 16 GB iPhone 4s; 64GB 3G iPad
fiatlux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:07 AM   #1012
fmaxwell
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Forgive me if it's been stated in the 41 pages of replies, but I believe that the Inateck KT4004 does have a dedicated USB 3.0 controller for each channel. From the Fresco Logic web site:

Fresco Logic's 4-port USB3.0 host controller, FL1100EX, equips hardware-based multi-stream, multi-threaded parallel processing engines that deliver full bandwidth to each USB 3.0 port, and have been further optimized for multiple device operation simultaneously.

This four-port controller diagram shows each of the four ports as a root port.
fmaxwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:44 AM   #1013
hfg
macrumors 68020
 
hfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
I have that reader as well, flashed to latest firmware, and it is still troublesome on my KT4004. Interestingly, I have disconnects with SD cards, not with CF cards. Go figure!

I am glad I kept the older USB 2.0 version of that reader which works flawlessly.
I am using a Hoodman "RAW STEEL USB 3.0 UDMA Reader" with the KT4004 ... so far, no issues

http://www.amazon.com/Hoodman-Rugged....0+udma+reader
hfg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:54 PM   #1014
h9826790
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hong Kong
There is no KT-4004 available in Hong Kong, but I can get a Orico PME-4U. AFAIK, this card use the same controller as the KT-4004, and someone can use it without connect the power cord.

Is there anyone own both of these 2 card? Any comment about them? I am planing to get a powered USB 3 hub anyway. And if required, I can easily connect the cable to my empty optical bay (or the Sonnet Tempo SSD card empty SATA 3 slot).
__________________
Mac Pro 2009 (5,1 Firmware), W3690 (6C 12T 3.43GHz), 32GB RAM, HD7950 (Mac Edition), 840 Evo 1T SSD (Tempo SSD), 8TB HDDs (RAID 0), 27" Apple Cinema Display + 84" LG UHD 4K TV, 2T+3T TC
h9826790 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:06 AM   #1015
Macsonic
macrumors 65816
 
Macsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Macsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by h9826790 View Post
There is no KT-4004 available in Hong Kong, but I can get a Orico PME-4U. AFAIK, this card use the same controller as the KT-4004, and someone can use it without connect the power cord.

Is there anyone own both of these 2 card? Any comment about them? I am planing to get a powered USB 3 hub anyway. And if required, I can easily connect the cable to my empty optical bay (or the Sonnet Tempo SSD card empty SATA 3 slot).
I am using the Inatek KT-4004 four port USB 3.0 and works fine with Mountain Lion 10.8.3. I don't have the Orico so I could comment further. The KT-4004 also supports other USB devices like printers, card readers, keyboards, mouse. Not sure about USB hubs as I have not tried this on the KT-4004. For the Orico PME-4U, as you mentioned this can run without connecting the Molex power cable. Just a guess, with the Molex cable, the file transfer may be a bit faster compared to without the power cable. I read from the Amazon reviews, the Orico PME-4U is also good.
Macsonic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1016
h9826790
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsonic View Post
I am using the Inatek KT-4004 four port USB 3.0 and works fine with Mountain Lion 10.8.3. I don't have the Orico so I could comment further. The KT-4004 also supports other USB devices like printers, card readers, keyboards, mouse. Not sure about USB hubs as I have not tried this on the KT-4004. For the Orico PME-4U, as you mentioned this can run without connecting the Molex power cable. Just a guess, with the Molex cable, the file transfer may be a bit faster compared to without the power cable. I read from the Amazon reviews, the Orico PME-4U is also good.
Thanks for your reply. My plan is connect the USB 3 HDD through a powered hub to keep the super speed. I am not sure will it work. If not, than I will connect the Molex cable.

I really want to get the KT-4004. However, if thats the same controller of PME-4U, it's much much easier (and cheaper) for me to get the PME-4U.
__________________
Mac Pro 2009 (5,1 Firmware), W3690 (6C 12T 3.43GHz), 32GB RAM, HD7950 (Mac Edition), 840 Evo 1T SSD (Tempo SSD), 8TB HDDs (RAID 0), 27" Apple Cinema Display + 84" LG UHD 4K TV, 2T+3T TC
h9826790 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:32 AM   #1017
Macsonic
macrumors 65816
 
Macsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Macsonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by h9826790 View Post
Thanks for your reply. My plan is connect the USB 3 HDD through a powered hub to keep the super speed. I am not sure will it work. If not, than I will connect the Molex cable.

I really want to get the KT-4004. However, if thats the same controller of PME-4U, it's much much easier (and cheaper) for me to get the PME-4U.
Welcome H9826790. Glad to help out. There's a guy in YouTube who installed an Inateck USB 3.0 card on his Mac Pro though this is a different model and came with a Molex power cable. Just thought of sharing this to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO-jUTNEBzs If you have friends or relatives in the US you can ask them to order the card for you and have it shipped to you. I'm at Manila and I asked a friend in the US to send over the Inateck card. Another card you may want to look into is the Highpoint RocketU 1144C that supports other USB devices http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ontroller.html
Macsonic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 09:40 AM   #1018
malcbo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by h9826790 View Post
There is no KT-4004 available in Hong Kong, but I can get a Orico PME-4U. AFAIK, this card use the same controller as the KT-4004, and someone can use it without connect the power cord.

Is there anyone own both of these 2 card? Any comment about them? I am planing to get a powered USB 3 hub anyway. And if required, I can easily connect the cable to my empty optical bay (or the Sonnet Tempo SSD card empty SATA 3 slot).
Write to this ebay seller:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Inateck-USB-3...-/191066804713

They are actually Orico representatives in Europe and will most probably ship to Hong Kong.
__________________
Mac Pro 4,1@5,1 hexa-core 3.46GHz , 32GB RAM 1333MHz, 512GB Crucial M4, GTX-285, Dell U2711 / MacBook Air 11" (2011) 128GB / iPhone 2G, 4, 4S, 5, 5S / iPad 1, 3, mini, Air
malcbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:35 AM   #1019
h9826790
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Thanks for all the info, will check that out
__________________
Mac Pro 2009 (5,1 Firmware), W3690 (6C 12T 3.43GHz), 32GB RAM, HD7950 (Mac Edition), 840 Evo 1T SSD (Tempo SSD), 8TB HDDs (RAID 0), 27" Apple Cinema Display + 84" LG UHD 4K TV, 2T+3T TC
h9826790 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best USB 3.0 card for Mac Pro? fizzicist Mac Peripherals 18 Jul 29, 2014 03:44 PM
state of the mac pro in the future egy195 Mac Pro 8 Mar 29, 2014 12:05 PM
Mac Pro 2008 USB 3.0 HD reports as USB 2.0 sgginc Mac Pro 2 Oct 27, 2013 02:14 PM
Apple Building 2TB Solid State Drives for Next Mac Pro Release? MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 307 Apr 29, 2013 03:11 PM
Mac Pro 1,1 and USB 3.0 AF08 Mac Pro 3 Jul 9, 2012 06:04 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC