Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMT25

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Source: http://blog.talkatone.com/2010/11/29/talkatone-google-voice-and-ipod-touch/#comment-2869

Dan says:
January 4, 2011 at 08:57

You don’t really need headphones/mic to make the iPod Touch work great with Talkatone/any phone app

Make the back of the iPod Touch face your cheek.

Put the bottom (where the port is) next to your ear. That’s where the speaker is located.

The microphone, which is next to the camera lens, is now near your mouth.

Turn the speaker volume way down for privacy (your ear is right up against it, so you don’t need much volume), and you’re set.

-------------------------------------
Wow! What a great tip. Just had to share with the rest of you guys :)

lwordnc

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
MorphCase...to use iPod like a phone

...or just get a MorphCase. They are supposed to be shipping in June.

----------

8689981566_282e3e8e10_b.jpg

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
If your jailbroken, search for 'iBtPhone' on Cydia. This is much better than any other solution, and here's why:

iBtPhone turns your iPod into a Bluetooth headset, meaning that any other phone you have can be connected to your iPod over Bluetooth so that the iPod takes all the calls. It DOESN'T need Wi-Fi. It has a dial pad and can access your contacts. Apparently it can do messages and use your phone's internet as well (but I haven't go these to work yet). The app is a bit outdated, but you can still use it to call people (just lock the screen when they pick up, and turn the iPod upside down as the speaker is at the top).

It doesn't need any other hardware except any Bluetooth enabled phone, and it's completely free!

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
If your jailbroken, search for 'iBtPhone' on Cydia. This is much better than any other solution, and here's why:

iBtPhone turns your iPod into a Bluetooth headset, meaning that any other phone you have can be connected to your iPod over Bluetooth so that the iPod takes all the calls. It DOESN'T need Wi-Fi. It has a dial pad and can access your contacts. Apparently it can do messages and use your phone's internet as well (but I haven't go these to work yet). The app is a bit outdated, but you can still use it to call people (just lock the screen when they pick up, and turn the iPod upside down as the speaker is at the top).

It doesn't need any other hardware except any Bluetooth enabled phone, and it's completely free!

Very interesting. Ill check it out.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
...or just get a MorphCase. They are supposed to be shipping in June.

----------

Would be cool if it supported an iPod touch 5 th gen just saying

Just checked out the site any one else find the chick annoying lol. Something about her wanted to make me punch her I know that's mean but I am just saying. She seemed a bit pretensious. Or maybe I am just a douche bag.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.