Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 28, 2013, 02:22 PM   #51
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMacGuy View Post
Pretty overpriced. I picked up a Bluetooth OBD-II dongle on Amazon for about $20 and it works with plenty of iPhone apps.
I picked of a Wifi version a while back, I purposely didn't get the bluetooth version because I know iOS is limited (unless jailbroken, or an approved device). I am jailbroken, but I wanted one that works regardless.

Yeah it's $70 for this version, but I like the integration with the app from what I can see.
TheAppleFairy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 04:47 PM   #52
OldSchoolMacGuy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFairy View Post
I picked of a Wifi version a while back, I purposely didn't get the bluetooth version because I know iOS is limited (unless jailbroken, or an approved device). I am jailbroken, but I wanted one that works regardless.

Yeah it's $70 for this version, but I like the integration with the app from what I can see.
This app offers less than what your typical scanner can get. Plus you're now tied to a single app meaning should they choose to stop updating it, you've got a paper weight. As I said, I'm happy with my sub-$20 alternative that also allows tuning of the vehicle, etc.
OldSchoolMacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 08:12 PM   #53
Arfdog
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymacky View Post
I suppose that New Zealanders Ernest Rutherford (father of nuclear physics), Richard Pearse (first maned powered flight) and Maurice Wilkins (discoved DNA along side Watson and Crick) don't really count for much?

But you're right people shouldn't cast stones.
Didn't know that NZ has the market cornered on scientists? Or are you just naming 3 random kiwi scientists? Surely you're not bragging....

Do Oppenheimer, Hubble, and Noyce ring any bells?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by msimpson View Post
You can diss the United States for our silly political correctness and nanny state "warnings", but yesterday was Memorial Day - a day we honor all of the Americans who gave their life for their country.

I hope you took time out to give thanks to those Americans who sacrificed for your freedom - so now you are a free country, not a Japanese territory.
lol, damn that's just mean
Arfdog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 10:15 PM   #54
otismotive77
macrumors 6502

wow, seems amazing. will be planning to buy one. the safety features are awesome.
otismotive77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 07:29 AM   #55
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMacGuy View Post
This app offers less than what your typical scanner can get. Plus you're now tied to a single app meaning should they choose to stop updating it, you've got a paper weight. As I said, I'm happy with my sub-$20 alternative that also allows tuning of the vehicle, etc.

That's a scary, plausible possibility of any item. I guess if Apple stops making iOS the money I spent in apps is wasted as well.

If this company does well, they might go on to do more over time as well. Add new features and maybe even new products.

Like I said, I already have a wifi version that suits my needs, but I do like some of the features and ease of this one.
TheAppleFairy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 06:20 AM   #56
Detrius
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
Read the article. It's a Bluetooth connection.
Read my comment. I was quoting someone praising a WiFi device.
Detrius is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion