Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:07 PM   #26
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by er15 View Post
also set it up as a new phone.
But have you used it in stock form and then tested battery life? If you're restoring whatever it is that's causing the problem then that defeats the purpose of setting it up as new when troubleshooting.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:25 PM   #27
Browns2212
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant the ninja View Post
Yeah...thats what I figured. So since I've had problems with this phone from my iCloud back ups (deleting passwords/connect to itunes for push notification/imessage didnt work) Should I start over new with the new phone? My only problem is how do I get my pictures back? There synced to icloud.... I know when I login to my thing my contacts automatically come back so I'm not worried about that

Can I sync them to my desktop and then put them back on or would that possibly bring the problem back again? I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of downloading all my apps again, but if I have too, I will.

Btw its on 57 percent now and I havent touched it, It did fetch emails once though.
I'm not sure on some of the iCloud stuff. I'm fairly new to all of the iOS stuff.

But you're phone shouldn't be drainng like that. For example, I left at around 12:30 pm for lunch just as my phone completely charged. Had it on LTE and WiFi, did some texting, bluetooth while in car for 30 mins and made a couple of calls. I'm now at 19 mins used and 1 hour 48 mins of standby. Just this second it dropped to 99%.
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:55 PM   #28
ant the ninja
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns2212 View Post
I'm not sure on some of the iCloud stuff. I'm fairly new to all of the iOS stuff.

But you're phone shouldn't be drainng like that. For example, I left at around 12:30 pm for lunch just as my phone completely charged. Had it on LTE and WiFi, did some texting, bluetooth while in car for 30 mins and made a couple of calls. I'm now at 19 mins used and 1 hour 48 mins of standby. Just this second it dropped to 99%.
Yup, thats exactly how my 4s was. That battery life on that was INSANE.

So I've turned airplane mode on, its been on for the past maybe 2 hours? It was on 58 percent, now its on 47 percent. My 4s on airplane mode would go 8 hours and only drop 2-5 percent. I guess its time for an exchange. I just wish I knew if I set it up as a new phone, I could get all my pictures and apps back.
ant the ninja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:01 AM   #29
Browns2212
macrumors regular

I just made this post in the merged battery forum, but thought I would put it in here as well:

My update from yesterday:

Fully charged at 12:30 pm yesterday.

Normal usage during the afternoon on LTE, including about 1.5 hours of TuneIn Radio, which is a battery drainer.

Went home at 5 pm and made some calls, played some games, texts, email, twitter, facebook, etc. This was all on WiFi. Then, about 8.5 hours of standby while I slept.

Got up this morning and did some basic stuff, like above.

It's now 9 AM and I have 15%
Usage = 4 hours, 45 mins

Standby = 20 hours, 19 mins
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:12 AM   #30
ant the ninja
macrumors regular

Just an update:

I went and had the phone exchanged and I accidently restored from iCloud, I wasnt paying attention as I was setting it up and hit restore from icloud, oh well. Anyway, I got the phone it was on 66 percent, afer restoring 900 pictures/25 songs/15 or so apps/all my contacts emails and stuff It dropped to 50 percent. Which is understandable it was doing alot for awhile. (all on wifi) I didnt charge it last night I figured I would let it die, went to bed around 12-1am it was on 21 percent and I woke up and it was on 19 percent. Played music for about 30 mins (from the ipod) a little facebook and twitter use then very, very light use (1 text) the rest in stand by on my 50 minute ride to work and now its on 9 percent.

I have airplane mode on at work because the service is so bad here, I'm going to see how this one goes.
ant the ninja is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone