Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my iPad 4 when it comes to charging.

When I plug it into the wall socket the battery icon in the upper right corner changes and appears to be charging, it changes to the battery icon with the electric bolt symbol through it. However it doesn't seem to be charging percentage wise.
What I've tried
Charging iPhone with the same socket and adaptor, I have no issues when charging my phone.
Reset iPad using the Home and sleep button method.
I'm yet to try a full backup and restore.

Has anyone else had this issue?

samreddevilz

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I didn't but one of my friends faced. He then bought an original Charger from an Authorized Showroom. He got solved. So I will recommend you to replace it with another (original) one.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Be sure you are using the iPad charger and not the iPhone charger.

Yep. And avoid third party cables and chargers.

I've noticed that when I'm using anything but the apple 10/12w charger my iPad takes a good three times to charge. Longer if I'm using it, in fact sometimes it keeps draining while plugged in.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Brand doesn't matter as long as it's a quality charger that supplies the needed current (2.1A, IIRC).

The iPad may charge with less current but it will take longer to do so. I'm not sure at what current the iPad will fail to charge though. Again, aim for 2.1A.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what happened. OP's iPad finally lost power, taking all access to the internet with it. Poor b@stard.

And that's why you always use the right charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.