Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
I am in the process of adding my video media (currently TV Shows, next Movies) to iTunes to allow for viewing on my iPads and AppleTVs. I am having odd results in the Videos app on the iPads (and iPhones for that matter).

When entering the Videos app and selecting my shared iTunes library, the TV Shows are all jumbled (not alphabetized, misplaced artwork, even sometimes showing artwork from audio files).

The only way I've found to solve this is to go into Settings, then Vidoes, and sign out then back into my iTunes account.

Everything looks fine on the AppleTVs.

I am adding a lot of new videos currently, and am hoping that's what's causing this. But is this a common issue? And, is there any other app that can be used to play via homesharing?

Thanks, John

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
And, is there any other app that can be used to play via homesharing?

Thanks, John

Nope:

- Home Sharing is a properietary protocol (still) not hacked (unlike, say, AirPlay, which is)

- even if it was hacked, TV shows are all DRM'ed, meaning it's not possible to play them back from any third-party app.

The only solution would be un-DRM'ing the files and sharing them via UPnP / SMB / other, well-established multimedia / file sharing protocols.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Thanks...I don't mind the Videos app at all...except for the jumbling problem I am experiencing. So hopefully someone will be able to help me address that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.