Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Notoriously-RyP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy myself a 27" iMac along with a Macbook Air 13". I'm wondering if there's any way buying multiple Apple products at once (e.g. those above) will end up reducing potential expenses? I may wait until the update, but I'd still like to know now.

Thanks in advance.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Probably not directly from Apple, but a reseller might. Even if they do not offer a discount on the machines themselves, you may be able to get more RAM at a discount, or software, or external drives... Basically, you are more likely to be able to get a discount on any non-Apple components in your purchase, but you might be lucky with the computers.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
might save on shipping.

also if you buy in the BTS offer you might get 2 of the special gifts, not sure on that though.

Notoriously-RyP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Okay, yeah I was pretty sceptical when posting too, just thought I'd check. Thanks guys for your replies! :)

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy myself a 27" iMac along with a Macbook Air 13". I'm wondering if there's any way buying multiple Apple products at once (e.g. those above) will end up reducing potential expenses? I may wait until the update, but I'd still like to know now.

Thanks in advance.

About six-seven years ago, retailers in Europe had ridiculously low margins on Apple computers (don't know about Apple products in general though). I have a hard time thinking that it's changed or that it's any different in other places in the world.

So as the others are saying, you are more likely to get a discount if you throw in a few other items in there on which the retailer has a better profit margin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.