Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I'd say something is terribly fishy going on there. He has no feedback as a seller, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but his 10 current feedback is all from cheap items, and all those items are also shipped and sold from China, and all the feedback was received today all at once, and yet his account is nearly a year old.

On top of that the title of the auction for me at least is coming up as 'Lkajshdkjfiu Yaisuyf Iasduiyfiyasdf Ysaduiy | eBay'.

So this guy living in Washington decided to buy a dozen cheap crap items from China and then start selling dozens of iPods at a fraction of the cost?

Put all of those things together and it almost looks like someone is trying to raise up their feedback via these shill auctions with those cheap Chinese items, so that this account has more feedback, so that they can sell these "iPods" with a bit more reputation. At best you will get an counterfeit iPod if you buy this, at worst, its a quick scam using a hacked account, I'd bet on the former though.

Either way I'd stay away.

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
I did a little research and I found the same messages posted under a few different sellers selling for the same price. I find it a little suspicious that they all bought items today from Chinese sellers. It just surprises me how many people jumped on this deal, I guess because of the price. I was going to purchase one and when I went through PayPal saw that the buyer does not have a confirmed address and is unregistered so this is just a huge scam I would warn others to stay away. I also changed the password to my eBay as well as PayPal account, no one knows what these guys are really after so its better to be safe than sorry. I have a few hundred bucks in my paypal and I would hate to see them disappear.

I'm surprised eBay does not pick up on stuff like this.

hchung

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
Whatever it was, it's not there anymore.
ebay redirects me to a generic skateboard search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.