Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:11 PM   #1
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Applications that use the Versions feature.

Does anything besides iWork use this? It's been extremely useful to me lately, so I was curious why it doesn't seem to be in more apps. Sorry if there is a another thread on this, I tried to search on here and on google and I'm pretty sure the use of the word versions gets me a lot of things I'm not looking for.
cmChimera is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:38 AM   #2
EmpyreanUK
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmChimera View Post
Does anything besides iWork use this? It's been extremely useful to me lately, so I was curious why it doesn't seem to be in more apps. Sorry if there is a another thread on this, I tried to search on here and on google and I'm pretty sure the use of the word versions gets me a lot of things I'm not looking for.
There are many apps that use Versions. I also find it useful, and I'm unsure as to why so many people dislike it so much.

Something I've noticed whilst using Versions, and which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, is that in the version history browser, it merges the version info of the file you're editing with any copies available on an attached Time Machine backup (and colour-codes according to source).

Apps that I have that employ Versions include Pixelmator, CodeRunner and iA Writer.
EmpyreanUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:39 PM   #3
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Didn't know that, also awesome. Great to know that some other apps are using it, I really don't see how someone could dislike the feature.
cmChimera is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store