Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whiteboxamir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
"No Camera" in skype or camera is scratched out in Facetime.

The facetime camera just doesn't work at all.

Just bought the Macbook Air 13inch a couple days ago.

I tried resetting the SMC and PRAM as indicated on some sites but nothing seems to fix it.

Any ideas or do I have to contact apple support? :eek:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Does the camera show up in Applications / Utilities / System Report > Hardware > USB > USB High-Speed Bus > Built-in iSight?
Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

whiteboxamir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for your help.

No, it's not showing up in the systems report window.

I tried logging in as a guest and the same issue persists.

----------

BTW, with the PRAM reset, I know I did it correctly because there are indicators (like the second welcome sound), but for the SMC reset I'm not hearing or noticing anything other than the computer turning back on once all the keys are pressed together and then released. There's no indicator here on whether something special was done as opposed to just pressing the power-on button in isolation. Should there be?

whiteboxamir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Son of a...teaches me for installing everything before I check if the camera is working. I assumed a macbook (newly switched over PC user) would be reliable from the get-go.

I'm replacing the machine tomorrow.

How do I wipe everything before I get there, and also, for the microsoft office which only has 1 user permission, how can I transfer this over to the new machine?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.