Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxDrago

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
Grrr...

People are still dumb enough to spend money on the same game over and over? Lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

If you like pigs... the lipstick is irrelevant. If it's fun, buy it... If it's not, don't. No need to call others dumb because they like something, or it's popular enough to crossover a boundary somewhere.

My pigs are Warcraft, Halo, Diablo, etc. They've smeared 'lipstick' all over those franchises and they're still going strong, like Madden, Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, even Pac Man... The last few with crossovers too (good or bad). There's nothing wrong with building a franchise that can cross media boundaries. They may not always do it well, but if they can... more power to them and less whining from us.

I smell bacon...

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
My pigs are Warcraft, Halo, Diablo, etc. They've smeared 'lipstick' all over those franchises and they're still going strong, like Madden, Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, even Pac Man... The last few with crossovers too (good or bad). There's nothing wrong with building a franchise that can cross media boundaries. They may not always do it well, but if they can... more power to them and less whining from us.

But still the games you mention were done with great taste. Just imagine if each month we'd see something like: Diablo, Diablo vs Pigs, Diablo Rio, Diablo in Space, Diablo Star Wars, Diablo Toons, Diablo The Movie, Diablo Theme Park, Diablo Plush Toys, Diablo Boys Names, Diablo for president...

Even for a smart and fun game it'll be too much, not even mentioning those dumb birds.

adamjb22

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Well... I know what Ill be watching... My 4yr old son loves these damn birds. It has to be an upgrade from sponge bob though right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.