Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Larissa1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I've been reading up and trying to get familiar with unlocking methods, and come to the conclusion that since iOS6 software unlocking is not possible any more, and that even attempting to change to the ipad baseband on an iphone will possibly damage the phone, or make returning to a usable baseband difficult. Then I came across this link and guide for unlocking which seems to suggest we can still software unlock. It appears to be up to date but contradicts what I read here and elsewhere.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation around, could someone look over this and let me know if its genuine please? If its incorrect could you point out where it goes wrong?

Larissa1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Yes they will unlock for £20, but trying to be resourceful and always up for a challenge I was wondering if I could make a soft unlock work.

I'm more or less resolved to going in to the shop and paying, but you know how you can get an idea in your head that it can be done another way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.