Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:14 AM   #1
HarryWarden
macrumors 6502

Question regarding whether a game will run on my MBA

I mainly play adventure games (think: Monkey Island, Broken Sword, etc.). I was browsing the Mac Game Store app and came across a game called Deponia. It requires a CPU speed of 2 Ghz and I'm using a 2012 1.8 Ghz i5 MBA with 4 GB RAM. I meet all the other requirements; it only requires 2 GB RAM. Is the .2 Ghz less of processing power enough that I really can't run the game as I know MBA have the TurboBoost capability that would put it over the system requirements for the game.
HarryWarden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:14 AM   #2
antonis
macrumors 6502a

Amount of ram, gpu, and cpu family are the main factors that will make a game to run or not. A few Mhz difference will hardly stop you from running a game. Just make sure the 3 aforementioned factors are ok. The most suspicious one would be the intel integrated graphics gpu.
antonis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games