Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blujein

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
I am running Apple Mac OS X Mountain Lion on a new Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch model), and I'm having some difficulties getting Apple Mail 6.2 to work correctly with Google Gmail (part of a Google Apps account I have).

I've been able to configure my Google mail account via Apple Mail, and Apple Mail confirms that access to the account is via Google IMAP.

Now, the problem; my list of folders (or 'labels' as they are known through Google Gmail) display as they should under "Inbox", but minutes later they can all disappear. There seems to be no particular pattern to the list of folders disappearing and reappearing, but it seems I can force it to happen by synchronising the mailbox. As well as this, when the list of folders is actually displayed, no e-mail messages will display when a folder is selected.

Needless to say, these issue/s make Apple Mail inoperable, so I desperately hope that someone here can provide me with a solution!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.