Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Rookie1986
macrumors 6502

Screen Protector Advice

Hey Guys,

I've got a Spigen Glass.t on my iPhone at present but after a drop last week it has broken. I'm now looking for a new protector but don't want something as thick as the Glass.t because I'm not a fan of the jelly feel button and it prevents me using some of the cases I've got for my iPhone.

So does anyone have any recommendations?
Rookie1986 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:02 AM   #2
miragebg
macrumors 6502

PowerSupport Crystal - have it for 6 months and still like new.
Perfect clarity also..
miragebg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:00 AM   #3
qtaran111
macrumors member

Another vote for Power Support Crystal. I've used several different suppliers of protective films over the years (Zagg, InvisibleShield etc) and Power Support wins hands down.

Its tough, durable, great clarity and very easy to apply. It also never seems to bubble or peel at the edges like lots of the alternatives. It's relatively expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
qtaran111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:23 AM   #4
docal97
macrumors 6502a

I've been using the Zagg hd screen protector. Perfect clarity, much better than previous versions. Plus free lifetime replacements. I had it installed at a Zagg kiosk, and the guys there do a perfect installation. I had used the Power support products in the past, and they are very nice. But they have to be ordered, plus if you mess up the installation you need to buy another one. So I switched to Zagg and have been very happy.
docal97 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Risingkazuya05
macrumors member

SGP ultra crystal
Risingkazuya05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:17 AM   #6
truss009
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by docal97 View Post
I've been using the Zagg hd screen protector. Perfect clarity, much better than previous versions. Plus free lifetime replacements. I had it installed at a Zagg kiosk, and the guys there do a perfect installation. I had used the Power support products in the past, and they are very nice. But they have to be ordered, plus if you mess up the installation you need to buy another one. So I switched to Zagg and have been very happy.
How much did the ZAGG installation cost at the kiosk? I just got the new 5, put a screen protector on it, then got a replacement 5, and didn't ahve as good of luck putting the protector on myself. Ended up tossin it out actually. So I think I am just going to have the "pros" do it. Also, do they have different options of protectors at the kiosks?
truss009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:08 AM   #7
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

SGP ultra crystal
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:56 PM   #8
dakota316
macrumors member

I've always used SGP and they are top notch. Love the SGP Ultra Crystal!!
dakota316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:19 PM   #9
dinesh29888
macrumors member

SGP Ultra crystal .... Hands down !!
dinesh29888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:26 PM   #10
2ndchancephones
macrumors regular

Ghost Armor is the best I have ever seen and used.
2ndchancephones is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:55 PM   #11
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1986 View Post
So does anyone have any recommendations?
What other priorities do you have in screen protectors to help us narrow down the options? have you read any of the countless screen protector threads to see if any of them sound suited to you?

Screen protectors aren't all the same and people have differing needs/wants when it comes to them. I personally prefer SGP and Power Support but that's because I find theirs to be as close to the feel of glass without being glass and they don't affect image quality at all (depending on the specific one selected).

Do you want anti fingerprint? Antiglare? Privacy? The better the info you provide on what you're looking for the better the recommendations you'll get. Otherwise people will just recommend what they use and prefer and you'll have no idea if their preferences are in line with your own or not.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:06 PM   #12
TL24
macrumors 6502

I'm using Zagg HD for my iPhone 5 and I'm loving it... I also prefer the feel of Zagg over the other screen protectors, they also do not impact the screen clarity at all in my case.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:17 PM   #13
f4d3
macrumors newbie

Another vote here for SGP ultra crystal.
f4d3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories