Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:31 AM   #1
keaide
macrumors regular

Address Book does not sync Google contacts any more

Address book has stopped to sync Google contacts. Opening the "Preferences" freezes the app for a few minutes then the preferences windows appears. There is no option for syncing Google contacts any more. Clicking on "On My Mac" shows nothing, the right side of the window is completely blank. Clicking on "+" and adding a new account does not have any "Google" options as well. Anything I could do to solve this? Is there a way to reset Address Book or anything else? I'm running Lion, and the contacts sussed to sync well with Google in the past (across all my Apple devices).
keaide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

Try deleting the gmail account and reading it. That is when it syncs .
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

You didn't happen to turn on iCloud Address Book sync did you? You can't contacts to Google and iCloud at the same time. Just an idea.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:03 AM   #4
keaide
macrumors regular

Mail, Notes and Contacts are disabled in iCloud. I am syncing everything via Google (also to iPhone/iPad - no problems there). I think there's something wrong with Address Book because it is always freezing for several Minutes when I want to open the Address Book preferences in the menu bar. So I guess there is an issue with this "On My Mac" account that normally should have a "Google" setting bit is completely blank now. Is there a way to "reset" the Address Book?

Regarding the Google account... how to remove it?? The Gmail account in the "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" preferences does not even offer to sync contacts.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

Delete the entire account and readd it in mail
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:16 AM   #6
keaide
macrumors regular

Hm... if the only solution is to set up my email again, then I'll probably just wait a few more days and do that when I install ML from scratch (if my WinXP partition can survive that).
Thanks for all your help and replies!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:27 PM   #7
johnjey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaide View Post
Hm... if the only solution is to set up my email again, then I'll probably just wait a few more days and do that when I install ML from scratch (if my WinXP partition can survive that).
Thanks for all your help and replies!
I am suffering from the same issue OSX 10.8.4 and unable to sync gmail contacts with OSX contacts sucks !! any work arounds...google searches have not been able to help out !
johnjey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store